Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Suspected rhino poacher is killed by an elephant and then eaten by lions in South Africa
Quote | Reply
I love a good Karmic take down...

Only a skull and a pair of trousers remained after a suspected rhino poacher was killed by an elephant and then eaten by lions in Kruger National Park, South African National Parks said.

The incident happened after the man entered the park Monday with four others to target rhinos, according to a parks service statement.

An elephant "suddenly" attacked the alleged poacher, killing him, and "his accomplices claimed to have carried his body to the road so that passersby could find it in the morning. They then vanished from the Park," police said.

His family were notified of his death late Tuesday by his fellow poachers, and a search party set out to recover the body. Rangers scoured on foot and police flew over the area, but because of failing light it could not be found.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Suspected rhino poacher is killed by an elephant and then eaten by lions in South Africa [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He got exactly what he deserved.
Quote Reply
Re: Suspected rhino poacher is killed by an elephant and then eaten by lions in South Africa [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Feel good story of the year.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Suspected rhino poacher is killed by an elephant and then eaten by lions in South Africa [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not saying the dude didn't deserve the karma, but these guys really are the lowest on the totem pole, while the real profiteers of this shady trade get away. And the root problem is the grotesque demand for rhino horns from Asia, specifically China.
Quote Reply
Re: Suspected rhino poacher is killed by an elephant and then eaten by lions in South Africa [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
Not saying the dude didn't deserve the karma, but these guys really are the lowest on the totem pole, while the real profiteers of this shady trade get away. And the root problem is the grotesque demand for rhino horns from Asia, specifically China.

Some will say the root of the problem is not allowing the preserves the ability to sell the Tusk's and horns they have stock piled (they typically cut them off to keep the animals alive) but since they can't sell it they burn it or stock pile it. If they were allowed to sell it the price would plummet and the black market for this stuff would start to dry up.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally, I am disgusted by the story of a wild animal killing a human being.

3 other poachers are still alive...that's just not fair.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
poetic justice.
Quote Reply
Re: Suspected rhino poacher is killed by an elephant and then eaten by lions in South Africa [Furiosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think if I pack of lions kill him and ate him would have been slightly better.. elephant probably killed him instantly... ( that's too nice)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know the man's situation, but it is possible that he resorted to poaching in order to feed his family. It may have been pure greed and I could be dead wrong. I can only say that I am glad that I was not born into a situation where I had to make hard choices as to break laws in order to feed my family.

If it was greed, then I have very little sympathy for the man.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
karma's a bitch.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like how we celebrate the death of someone trying to kill an animal or we would even want someone to die if he killed defenseless sleeping bears.

But if someone tortured and stabbed a defenseless woman to death in her own kitchen, for this killer, the death penalty is a bridge to far.
Quote Reply
Re: Suspected rhino poacher is killed by an elephant and then eaten by lions in South Africa [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
I like how some celebrate the death of someone trying to kill an animal or we would even want someone to die if he killed defenseless sleeping bears.

But if someone tortured and stabbed a defenseless woman to death in her own kitchen, for this killer, the death penalty is a bridge to far for some..

Careful with that awfully broad brush.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Suspected rhino poacher is killed by an elephant and then eaten by lions in South Africa [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
I don't know the man's situation, but it is possible that he resorted to poaching in order to feed his family. It may have been pure greed and I could be dead wrong. I can only say that I am glad that I was not born into a situation where I had to make hard choices as to break laws in order to feed my family.

If it was greed, then I have very little sympathy for the man.

This is just one of those reminders that life in most of the world is much more brutal, unforgiving and indifferent to suffering then our small corner of it. There is no 'feel good' part of this story.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Suspected rhino poacher is killed by an elephant and then eaten by lions in South Africa [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
I like how we celebrate the death of someone trying to kill an animal or we would even want someone to die if he killed defenseless sleeping bears.

But if someone tortured and stabbed a defenseless woman to death in her own kitchen, for this killer, the death penalty is a bridge to far.

Did I miss the part of the discussion where people advocated for poachers to be put to death by the state and where little old defenseless ladies are vilified for managing to get the upper hand on their attackerand kill them in the struggle?
Quote Reply