Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone know if the Speedo Air Seal line of goggles was discontinued? If so.... I need a new goggle to love. [Updated reply from Speedo]
Quote | Reply
I bought 4 pairs of the Air Seal XR last year on sale. Now I cannot find them readily available like I used to. I am wondering if they (Speedo) are still using the Air Seal gasket system on another pair of goggles. The Vanquisher 2.0 is not the same. A tad disappointing when companies discontinue my favorites! Alas, I will always remember the one model of goggles that didn't leak when conformed to my distorted eye sockets ((sadness)).

I contacted support yesterday via email and have not heard back. The site says they are so popular that they are sold out but I am wondering if they have been discontinued because I don't see them on any other retail e-commerce sites like I used to.... Dicks sporting goods used to carry them on the shelf but no longer it seems. Of course, Amazon and Swim Outlet had them as well.

I am still babying 2 pairs for the season but I suspect they won't make it to November in good A-race condition!

[UPDATE]
Reply from Speedo:

Thank you for contacting Speedo Customer Service.

Air Seal Tri Goggle (mirrored & non-mirrored) was discontinued in 2015. (emphasis mine)

Please note, similar styles are:

MDR 2.4 Goggle – Outer Eye Fit (HAS SAME FIT)

For any help placing an order, please feel free to call our Customer Service Team at 888-477-3336 at your earliest convenience; we would be more than happy to assist you further!

In the interim, I do thank you for being a valued member of the Speedo USA family and wish you a wonderful rest of your day!

Best Regards
Last edited by: downtowndj: Jul 11, 18 8:21
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know if the Speedo Air Seal line of goggles was discontinued? If so.... I need a new goggle to love. [downtowndj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know if the Speedo Air Seal line of goggles was discontinued? If so.... I need a new goggle to love. [downtowndj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The reply from Speedo references the Air Seal Tri which I think is different than the Air Seal XR.... not 100% sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Off subject, but what are you doing to googles that you bought 4 last year and are now looking to buy more?. Do these googles wear out fast for some reason?

I use TYR googles and they last about 2 years, unless I forget them in the locker room. The strap usually breaks, but I have had the nose bridge break.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know if the Speedo Air Seal line of goggles was discontinued? If so.... I need a new goggle to love. [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
Off subject, but what are you doing to googles that you bought 4 last year and are now looking to buy more?. Do these googles wear out fast for some reason?

I use TYR googles and they last about 2 years, unless I forget them in the locker room. The strap usually breaks, but I have had the nose bridge break.

Well, it seems like I have a hard time getting a seal on my right inner eye.... The gasket system on the air seal xr was basically an air filled tube that had lots of adaptive contour (not sure what the term would be...).
I have one pair that has lasted a year and a half but more often than not the right eye begins leaking at some point and I know they are done. I have very deep set eyes and my right eye socket seems to be an issue...lol

Like I said, I need a new goggle to love.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New reply from Speedo:
-------------------------------
My apologies, you are correct.

This is the goggle you are inquiring about:

https://www.speedousa.com/...goggle-style-7500520

We do not have any goggles that are similar with the air filled cushioned seals.

However, I do suggest the Covert and MDR, but they are not exact replacements.

For any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to call our Customer Service Team at 888-477-3336 at your earliest convenience; we would be more than happy to assist you further!

Best Regards,
----------------------------------
RIP Air Seal XR :-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. It was my favorite goggle also.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had a few issues with Speedos, especially with tinted ones. The tint peels/flakes off after not that long and are a nightmare to see out of, especially in murky water. The last speed sockets I had, I was uber careful with and the tint still flaked. I now train and race in Arenas. Not sure how they manufacture their goggles, but no problems. I use Arena Cobra Ultra.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am also a fan of the XR goggles and frustrated they were discontinued. I have bought countless other (usually more expensive) styles and brands; for some reason they either all leak or you have to tighten the strap so hard that you have marks around your eyes for hours, plus a headache. I have 2 pairs left that I am treating with special care to make them last.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Think I found some!
motionmanagement@yahoo.ca
hit me up if interested!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know if the Speedo Air Seal line of goggles was discontinued? If so.... I need a new goggle to love. [Richardo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arena Cobra Ultra
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know if the Speedo Air Seal line of goggles was discontinued? If so.... I need a new goggle to love. [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not a fan of those...
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know if the Speedo Air Seal line of goggles was discontinued? If so.... I need a new goggle to love. [Richardo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Richardo wrote:
not a fan of those...

Why not?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know if the Speedo Air Seal line of goggles was discontinued? If so.... I need a new goggle to love. [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
too big... not as sleek and comfortable as the air seals....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this is a really old thread- but I’m curious what goggles people have found to replace these.

I am nearly through my stash :-(
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know if the Speedo Air Seal line of goggles was discontinued? If so.... I need a new goggle to love. [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The snake and pig bassilisk have an air gasket. I just got a pair and they’re comfier than my previous goto, rokas.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know if the Speedo Air Seal line of goggles was discontinued? If so.... I need a new goggle to love. [swimbikejon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice work. its quite hard to get old goggles from speedo. for example, you can still buy from a dark corner of ebay or amazon fs3 speedo goggles but they are very verd hard to find and now way more expensive. I'm sure they still have some in stock floating around somewhere in a warehouse. Likewise it is hard to buy some of the old swede goglgles from the early 2000s with a softer gasket. But on the other hand you can easily buy bikes from that time.
Quote Reply