Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Accidentally ejected civilian
Quote | Reply
https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/...m-fighter-1833821292

So a civilian doing a ride along (BTW how does one get to do a ride along) got ejected from the back seat on takeoff. Oops.
Quote Reply
Re: Accidentally ejected civilian [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure the story here, I heard this was a new feature the French wanted on their fighter jets, You start the engine's and the seat ejectors fire.. You know its as close as fighter jet can get to surrender.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Last edited by: DavHamm: Apr 7, 19 21:18
Quote Reply
Re: Accidentally ejected civilian [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That video is really hard to watch due to its very high speed of changing scenes. Is the ejection really that fast or is the whole thing sped up?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No one knows what happened... the last thing he remembers is saying, "What does this red pull-handle do?"

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Accidentally ejected civilian [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
That video is really hard to watch due to its very high speed of changing scenes. Is the ejection really that fast or is the whole thing sped up?

They have to be very fast. I assume the seats are what are called 0-0 seats, which means they can safely eject at 0 speed and 0 altitude. This means that the seats need to eject the person very quickly so that they can be ejected high enough so that when they come back down, the parachute has time to open. Also, they need to be fast enough that if the plane is moving at high speed, the person is not ejected and then sliced in half by the vertical stabilizer.

Being ejected is very tramautic experience. They lose something like 1 inch in height during an ejection due to the forces compression their spine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a bit of advice. When you're doing a ride along in a French jet, don't ask the pilot "How quickly do French pilots surrender when a radar locks on them?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 (BTW how does one get to do a ride along) .[/quote]
Political donations? Remember the Republican donor who was driving a nuclear sub when it sank a Japanese trawler?

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply