Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: First TT [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
If you make it to the half way point and aren't sure you'll be alive at the finish line, you're doing it right.

It's interesting how much different my perception is. If I pace evenly I'll feel pretty good at the half way point. The "unpleasantness" ramps up steadily after that though.
Quote Reply
Re: First TT [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
nickwhite wrote:
If you make it to the half way point and aren't sure you'll be alive at the finish line, you're doing it right.

It's interesting how much different my perception is. If I pace evenly I'll feel pretty good at the half way point. The "unpleasantness" ramps up steadily after that though.

This. I shoot to feel okay by the halfway point. If there is a U-turn, remind myself not to smash it coming out and then buckle down and get ready for the hurt to really begin on the road back home.
Quote Reply
Re: First TT [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
rruff wrote:
nickwhite wrote:

This. I shoot to feel okay by the halfway point. If there is a U-turn, remind myself not to smash it coming out and then buckle down and get ready for the hurt to really begin on the road back home.

The one out and back course I do (Age-Graded VA State TT) I am thoroughly questioning my pacing strategy before I hit the turn around. Yet, I somehow manage to do well enough there.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: First TT [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably a lot of it has to do with how you mentally process sensations during a race. I sorta shut my mind off and don't notice pain until it gets severe. I'm tuning into other stuff that happens at threshold. If discomfort is a 10 at the finish, it will be maybe 2-3 at the half way point. If it's 5 or over, I will definitely not be able to hold that pace in the 2nd half.

But I've heard good TTers say they are in "the pain cave" right from the start.
Quote Reply
Re: First TT [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: First TT [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ride the paint if there some.
Quote Reply
Re: First TT [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Call me a sucker, but without my PM I’d fail miserably at a >20 min effort.
Quote Reply
Re: First TT [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G-man wrote:
Ride the paint if there some.

^This. Unless it's wet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Overall pretty fun day today. 39:3x in the 30km. Did my first ever real TT start and didn't screw it up so that was a plus. 320 NP/AP. I paced it very well I thought. Only thought is I should have pushed the first half into the wind a bit more. Tied my highest ever 20 min power which included the turnaround and finish. Last 5 and 10 min were 346w and 336w so probably had a little too much left in the tank at the end. Overall a pretty fun race.

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Apr 7, 19 13:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
60kph?

stevej wrote:
Overall pretty fun day today. 29:3x in the 30km. Did my first ever real TT start and didn't screw it up so that was a plus. 320 NP/AP. I paced it very well I thought. Only thought is I should have pushed the first half into the wind a bit more. Tied my highest ever 20 min power which included the turnaround and finish. Last 5 and 10 min were 346w and 336w so probably had a little too much left in the tank at the end. Overall a pretty fun race.

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: First TT [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha whoops.... 39.3x.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
46kph, chapeau!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a great first TT! It's way more fun to finish strong than blow up.
Quote Reply

Prev Next