Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pulled the trigger on a HJC Furion Helmet
Quote | Reply
I’m excited! I got the black matte/gloss helmet to match my bike. It’s aero (wind tunnel tested results), light (190g), safe (real life blog from a rider who sustained a bad wreck with no head injury), and comfortable (good venting in warm conditions based on online reviews).

I know it’s not the most popular aero road helmet choice, but I’ve always been one to go against convention. It’ passes Korean and EU standard, but I don’t plan to race with it in North America. Just road riding as I have a separate racing helmet.
Quote Reply
Re: Pulled the trigger on a HJC Furion Helmet [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where did you buy it? i've been looking at this helmet recently. its out there in the Peloton and i think it's a good looking helmet. it's just unfortunate HJC doesn't have any US distributors so it's taking a chance on the fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Pulled the trigger on a HJC Furion Helmet [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought it from BikeInn. They’re based in Girona Spain, but deliver worldwide. They ship via USPS or DHL. USPS was $9.95. They had a coupon code for $8.20, so shipping was $1.75. It’s supposed to deliver April 15-18. Hopefully it will fit. I used the suggested size chart and also talked to someone with the same head measurement of 58cm who got a M/L, so it should be good.
Quote Reply
Re: Pulled the trigger on a HJC Furion Helmet [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
casper3043 wrote:
where did you buy it? i've been looking at this helmet recently. its out there in the Peloton and i think it's a good looking helmet. it's just unfortunate HJC doesn't have any US distributors so it's taking a chance on the fit.

HJC sells a lot of motorcycle helmets in the US, so they're not completely clueless about the market.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: Pulled the trigger on a HJC Furion Helmet [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i know...i race motorcycles so i have quite a few HJC helmets piled up, but the cycling division is something near non-existent in the US market.
Quote Reply
Re: Pulled the trigger on a HJC Furion Helmet [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I quite like the fit of their auto racing helmets. It might be my next helmet
Quote Reply
Re: Pulled the trigger on a HJC Furion Helmet [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to hear. I can’t wait to get it now!

iamuwere wrote:
I quite like the fit of their auto racing helmets. It might be my next helmet
Quote Reply