Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Not that the Jets have any fans to care about such things, but...new uniforms!
Quote | Reply
My inner design nerd geeks out over new uniform reveals. I'm not sure how I feel about these, which I guess says how I feel about these.

Meh. But okay, I guess. I kinda liked the retro look they had going lately, but the green on the helmet is pretty special. Too bad they slapped that terrible JETS logo over it.

Does Hess still sell gasoline, by the way?

Better looks at all aspects of the uniform and helmet:

https://www.flickr.com/...ts/72157706375112471

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Apr 5, 19 11:00
Quote Reply
Re: Not that the Jets have any fans to care about such things, but...new uniforms! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Green is just a terrible color for any sports team. No one looks good in green.
Quote Reply
Re: Not that the Jets have any fans to care about such things, but...new uniforms! [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I liked the old uniform. Classic design, especially the black belt through the white loops.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Not that the Jets have any fans to care about such things, but...new uniforms! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That helmet looks fantastic. I'm not a big fan of the "New York" lettering over the numbers. The black alternates seem copy cat. Overall though, well done. I like these uniforms way better than the previous. The 2 decades old retro version now seems more butt fumble than Broadway Joe. Time for a new look.
Quote Reply
Re: Not that the Jets have any fans to care about such things, but...new uniforms! [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:
I'm not a big fan of the "New York" lettering over the numbers.

Yeah, but the letters for "New Jersey" would be too small!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The all-dark uniform looks too much like the Seahawks.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If they're going to stick with green, the dark green on the helmet looks good.
Quote Reply
Re: Not that the Jets have any fans to care about such things, but...new uniforms! [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

+1

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Not that the Jets have any fans to care about such things, but...new uniforms! [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

+1

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Not that the Jets have any fans to care about such things, but...new uniforms! [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
The all-dark uniform looks too much like the Seahawks.

That's what I was going to say. WTF?
Quote Reply
Re: Not that the Jets have any fans to care about such things, but...new uniforms! [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

+1

so you agree then...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

+1

so you agree then...
That was for JSA.

I don't hate green, but I never liked the green sneakers with the Celtics, though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

The colours are off but the design is iconic.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

Occasionally, some get it right.

Ok, I was looking for more examples and couldn't find any. Apparently Oregon got it right, once, and that's about it.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

I look great in green.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The new uniform could be a big seller in Australia if Valentine Holmes actually makes the playing roster.
There was lots of 49er's jerseys going round when Hayne (briefly) played for them.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/...502027829ad50ed6989f
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

Lotsa green in the best looking jersey ...

Quote Reply
Re: Not that the Jets have any fans to care about such things, but...new uniforms! [40-Tude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They stole Saskatchewan's look!
Quote Reply