Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ''I didn't have to do this'' WTF!! [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
I would generally agree. But the states that are going to be most hotly contested CO-NC, etc. all voted with trump.

Of the GOP senators up for reelection next year, only Susan Collins voted against Trump. In other words, even in the purple states, the GOP are still hitching their wagon to Trump.

It was refreshing to see as many as 12 vote against him though. That's the most spine the GOP has yet shown against him since the sanctions vote early in his term.
Quote Reply
Re: ''I didn't have to do this'' WTF!! [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
patentattorney wrote:
I would generally agree. But the states that are going to be most hotly contested CO-NC, etc. all voted with trump.

Of the GOP senators up for reelection next year, only Susan Collins voted against Trump. In other words, even in the purple states, the GOP are still hitching their wagon to Trump.

It was refreshing to see as many as 12 vote against him though. That's the most spine the GOP has yet shown against him since the sanctions vote early in his term.

Spine when it doesn’t matter isn’t really spine at all.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: ''I didn't have to do this'' WTF!! [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

It may not have mattered with respect to Trump being able to veto, but it still was a public rebuke of Trump by those senators. And it may matter next year for the ones up for re-election who didn’t vote against him on this issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

It may not have mattered with respect to Trump being able to veto, but it still was a public rebuke of Trump by those senators. And it may matter next year for the ones up for re-election who didn’t vote against him on this issue.

The part is that now the law allows the democrats in the house to do the same thing every 6 month as long as the president has the emergency going.

So in 6 months lets see what happens again.
Quote Reply
Re: ''I didn't have to do this'' WTF!! [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Border agency admits no new sections of wall have been built. That must be wrong. Trump said otherwise.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/...-ZERO-new-walls.html

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah. I saw that this morning. Also I think it is going to be harder to legally claim the emergency when there was relatively strong bi-partisan support.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Border agency admits no new sections of wall have been built. That must be wrong. Trump said otherwise.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/...-ZERO-new-walls.html

Trump is on his way to check out the new sections of border wall. You know, the ones that are just replacement fencing that he's calling "new." They actually started replacing the section he's going to see before he was even president.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  Fence? Wall? New? Old? Under construction? Repair? Enhancement? Truth and facts? Only Donald knows, because only he hears and fully comprehends the words that come out of his mouth.

Seriously, I think responsible parties are just feeding him bullshit to keep him happy. They know full well he can't process the fake as fake and will just spew out whatever suits him.
Quote Reply
Re: ''I didn't have to do this'' WTF!! [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Fence? Wall? New? Old? Under construction? Repair? Enhancement? Truth and facts? Only Donald knows, because only he hears and fully comprehends the words that come out of his mouth.

Seriously, I think responsible parties are just feeding him bullshit to keep him happy. They know full well he can't process the fake as fake and will just spew out whatever suits him.
Trump told us he'd build a wall.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply

Prev Next