Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Yeah, that DEFINITELY warranted an apology [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's just what people say. People say that.

I wasn't sure what burnthesheep was trying to say either or why it was directed at me.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Yeah, that DEFINITELY warranted an apology [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:

The year before he was elected - 18,000 (18k to 18k - flat)

So now looking at 1 year at a time is how you view it? Ok 2018 to present = flat.

Quote Reply
Re: Yeah, that DEFINITELY warranted an apology [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
B.McMaster wrote:

So now looking at 1 year at a time is how you view it? Ok 2018 to present = flat.

2 different arguments. You said it was on fire before him - show me the fire...but nice try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was pretty happy with my nearly 250% return the 8 years prior.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
BLeP wrote:
B.McMaster wrote:

2 different arguments. You said it was on fire before him - show me the fire...but nice try.

2009-Present Any sane person would call this one long run.

If you want to get stupid and say this is Trumps doing then I will get stupid and point out that it's been flat for a year.

Quote Reply
Re: Yeah, that DEFINITELY warranted an apology [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
I dont think he apologized. I think he said that he didnt realize he said it, and will stop saying it in that context. If anything he is putting a spotlight on how the phrase "all lives matter" was made as counter to "black lives matter."

I know a lot of people who do not know the oranges of "all lives matter."

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both arguments are somewhat correct. Obama's impact on the economy was huge. when he took over the presidency things were going downhill fast. Over that time period things got turned around. For whatever reasons, people still ding Obama for the economy during his time period as not being fast enough growth. It is easy to say now that things were always going to get better. I am not sure why people believe that would have been certain. 1/4 inch to the right and we would have won the game. But 1/4 the other way and you would have missed the goal completely.

Trump's tax plan (giving money to the rich) gave a huge jump to the economy and the stock market. This was expected. Many experts believed that trump's tax plan would allow the economy to grow in a single year by 3-4%, this would follow in a long period of stagnation. Trump's administration said that the analysts were and you only needed to "prime the pump" and then that 3-4% growth would continue to happen over a decade long period (allowing the tax plan to pay for itself).

As of now, it appears that the experts were correct in regards to trump's tax plan. A one year huge growth, followed by a plateau (where the economy isnt growing fast, and certainly isnt growing fast enough to pay for the growth).

So to extent both of you are correct. If the experts views continue, trump having a one year huge leap followed by 2 years of meager gains it will be hard to argue that his economy his great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I know a lot of people who do not know the oranges of "all lives matter."

That's probably for the butter.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
If you want to get stupid and say this is Trumps doing then I will get stupid and point out that it's been flat for a year.

The Fed and the dems strong showing at the midterms dampened people's outlook and optimism, halting the market's climb.
Quote Reply
Re: Yeah, that DEFINITELY warranted an apology [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:

The Fed and the dems strong showing at the midterms dampened people's outlook and optimism, halting the market's climb.

I thought it was excessive Fed rate hikes?

You guys need to get your story straight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:

Yes, that certainly is the excuse for it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
where the economy isnt growing fast, and certainly isnt growing fast enough to pay for the growth

Go Figure: Federal Revenues Hit All-Time Highs Under Trump Tax Cuts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its like if you pay 10g in advertising and increase sales by 8g. Sure you hit an all time revenue X+8. But your net is still X-2.

This is GREAT for revenue, bad for the economy (I think).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Its like if you pay 10g in advertising and increase sales by 8g. Sure you hit an all time revenue X+8. But your net is still X-2.
This is GREAT for revenue, bad for the economy (I think).

I'm not following you.

Revenue went up.

The left's expectation (fear mongering) is that revenue is X, tax (rate) cuts to the "rich" are going to cost us billions!!! We're going to end up with X - (tax cuts) in revenue!!!

But what happened was we ended up with X + increased revenue from economic growth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

So not only is the President directly responsible for the stock market, mid-term elections have an even more powerful impact and can override the President, the world economy etc. I learn something every day here.

So does that same reasoning apply to the debt too? With record levels of debt, are the Dems responsible for that since the mid-terms too or does that only apply to things when they are good?

This is all very confusing.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Apr 5, 19 8:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Several things:
1) I think updated data actually shows that the federal revenue actually decreased from last year.
2) As the economy grows, you would expect each year to have record revenue. So having an increase in revenue isnt what you should be looking at because this is to be expected each year while the US is growing. Its like each election there is likely going to be more people who voted for candidate X because there are more people.
3) From the article you posted "Does that mean Trump's tax cuts are fully "paying for themselves"? We wouldn't make that argument.... Would it have been better to have kept taxes high, and sacrificed economic, job and wage gains we've been enjoying, so that the government could have collected a little bit more in taxes?"
4) Before the tax cuts, individual income tax collections rose by like 11 percent. After the tax cut it was at like 7 percent.

so essentially you need to look at a graph of where the estimated economy would be year after year and compare that with a chart of tax revenues year after year. Last year's tax revenue would be below that line, and thus not pay for themselves. This is mainly because while individual income tax revenue was up by a lot, corporate tax revenue was down by like 30% (as intended by the tax cuts).
Quote Reply
Re: Yeah, that DEFINITELY warranted an apology [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
The Woke Tour continues.

This has turned into an apology tour. I'm waiting to see who's the first candidate to apologize for being while.
Quote Reply
Re: Yeah, that DEFINITELY warranted an apology [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The Democrats sure seem to be doing their best to have Trump win in 2020. "

I'm pretty sure my dogs are democrats. When another dog walks down the street, probably a republican, they both run to the window and start barking. Then then smaller one starts attacking the bigger one, I can only assume for not barking the right way.

The Dems will eat their own. They always do.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
That said, he isn't wrong. It's just a shame he's all but required to denounce the phrase even though he made it clear where he stands and what he meant by it. It is used as a rebuttal by people who really don't give a flying fuck about the positive message and noble goals of the campaign.
The other possibility is it's a questionable slogan for a polarizing campaign.
Quote Reply
Re: Yeah, that DEFINITELY warranted an apology [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
sphere wrote:
That said, he isn't wrong. It's just a shame he's all but required to denounce the phrase even though he made it clear where he stands and what he meant by it. It is used as a rebuttal by people who really don't give a flying fuck about the positive message and noble goals of the campaign.

He didn't use it as a slogan. It was some words at the end of a long comment.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Yeah, that DEFINITELY warranted an apology [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
Perseus wrote:
sphere wrote:

He didn't use it as a slogan. It was some words at the end of a long comment.
I was referring to the slogan "black lives matter." I think the slogan lead many people to say "all lives matter" and to question who is saying black lives don't matter?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The Woke Tour continues.

It's all about power and signaling at this point. But there is a story...

Black lives matter was a leftist slogan and project (just look at their demands). "All lives matter" is a verbal counterstrike designed to steal the thunder from Black lives matter. The "All lives matter" counter strike is/was especially good because: 1.) it's literally true and 2.) it diffuses the focused impact of the Black lives matter statement, and 3.) it gives a great visual of leftists arguing against something so patently obvious like all lives matter.

Unless you live under a rock, then, as an American, you know that this is how it played out. Therefore leftists are bitter about all users and uses of "all lives matter". It doesn't matter what your story is. The view from the left is that if you're that ignorant about this whole thing then you don't deserve to be in public life representing the left.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Evidently there are people that think the President has sway over the stock market. I look no further than the brightest of the bright. A Nobel prize winner no less in economics. " The economic fallout of a Donald Trump presidency will probably be severe and widespread enough to plunge the world into recession, New York Times columnist Paul Krugman warned in a New York Times opinion piece published early Wednesday.
Calling Trump the "mother of all adverse effects," the Nobel Prize-winning economist predicted that the GOP nominee's administration could quickly undo the progress that the markets around the world have made in the eight years since the financial crisis." 11/09/16
And yet here we are... life is such a mystery.
Quote Reply
Re: Yeah, that DEFINITELY warranted an apology [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I just like the fact that there’s a gay dude named “butt judge” who’s running for potus.

This guy is one good last name away from being a meteor in the party. Smart, quick, sincere, war vet, doesn't spin every answer or give poll-tested responses. I like him.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good talker.

He could beat Trump.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Last edited by: Duffy: Apr 5, 19 20:52
Quote Reply

Prev Next