Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A nuclear Saudi?
Quote | Reply
Good thing they're one of our allies. Wouldn't want Iran to get a bomb but no problem about the Saudis. BTW, where did most of the 9/11 terrorists come from again?

https://www.cbc.ca/...als-whales-1.5079310
Quote Reply
Re: A nuclear Saudi? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What could go wrong? I am sure they would use them responsibly.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Apr 4, 19 18:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Juragua?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and now the appointment of Rick Perry starts to make sense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well it will be interesting to see what Iran's next move is.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: A nuclear Saudi? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:

That can complicate the situation with Iran for sure.. The Saudis have been saying it all along that they cant live with a nuclear Iran. Some people may not fully understand the hate and enormous distrust that the Saudis have towards Iran.
Quote Reply
Re: A nuclear Saudi? [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
jkca1 wrote:

That can complicate the situation with Iran for sure.. The Saudis have been saying it all along that they cant live with a nuclear Iran. Some people may not fully understand the hate and enormous distrust that the Saudis have towards Iran.

Imagine just a couple of nukes go off in the Ghawar oil fields. We'll be lucky to have gas at 6 bucks a gallon. And then of course you'd have the fallout to contend with. Not a situation anyone wants to see.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: A nuclear Saudi? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lived in the Region for 7 years and (if I'm lucky - or not) may be moving to Riyadh in the not to distant future, and I think the one thing anyone that's lived there believes is that Iran will do nothing. NOTHING

the 5th fleet is in Bahrain. There are US airforce bases in Qatar and Saudi.

I'm not sure what there is in the Emirates

Iran would be sent back to the stone age, or in the words of Jim Jeffries "the area you know as the radiation zone used to be called the middle east"

There are may here who know more about where the US have a presence, but I'm guessing there is a much north of the GCC as there is south of Iran.

Iran has a young, westernised population, and Saudi is changing.

They may hate each other at a political level, not sure either is so insanely stupid as to escalate to the point of making the region uninhabitable for the next millennia
Quote Reply
Re: A nuclear Saudi? [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
I lived in the Region for 7 years and (if I'm lucky - or not) may be moving to Riyadh in the not to distant future, and I think the one thing anyone that's lived there believes is that Iran will do nothing. NOTHING

Iran would be sent back to the stone age, or in the words of Jim Jeffries "the area you know as the radiation zone used to be called the middle east"

There are may here who know more about where the US have a presence, but I'm guessing there is a much north of the GCC as there is south of Iran.

They may hate each other at a political level, not sure either is so insanely stupid as to escalate to the point of making the region uninhabitable for the next millennia

I agree with you. Iran is like Cuba in the sense its a overly fabricated boogeyman by the American right wing. Neither of them are a genuine threat to the USA. Iran would be wiped off the map and they know it. Saudi Arabia is in a very different position given its "western allied" status. There are plenty of fanatical people within the kingdom that would be willing to export nuclear technologies for terrorism purposes. Just look at the educational backgrounds of the Saudis involved in 9/11. All highly educated and familiar with the west. I'd be far more concerned with the Saudi's having a nuclear capacity than with the Iranians.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think we have reasonably clear evidence that if you do sonething to upset MBS, it mya not go well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:

I agree with you. Iran is like Cuba in the sense its a overly fabricated boogeyman by the American right wing. Neither of them are a genuine threat to the USA. Iran would be wiped off the map and they know it. Saudi Arabia is in a very different position given its "western allied" status. There are plenty of fanatical people within the kingdom that would be willing to export nuclear technologies for terrorism purposes. Just look at the educational backgrounds of the Saudis involved in 9/11. All highly educated and familiar with the west. I'd be far more concerned with the Saudi's having a nuclear capacity than with the Iranians.

today news:

US declares Iran's guard force a 'terrorist organization'

"President Donald Trump announced Monday that the U.S. is designating Iran's Revolutionary Guard a "foreign terrorist organization," in an effort to increase pressure on the country that could have significant diplomatic implications in the Middle East.
It is the first time that the U.S. has designated a part of another government as a terrorist organization."

http://www.msn.com/...r-BBVIhXy?ocid=ientp
Last edited by: b4itwascold: Apr 8, 19 9:52
Quote Reply
Re: A nuclear Saudi? [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:

today news:

US declares Iran's guard force a 'terrorist organization'

"President Donald Trump announced Monday that the U.S. is designating Iran's Revolutionary Guard a "foreign terrorist organization," in an effort to increase pressure on the country that could have significant diplomatic implications in the Middle East.
It is the first time that the U.S. has designated a part of another government as a terrorist organization."

http://www.msn.com/...r-BBVIhXy?ocid=ientp

Of course the Pentagon and the CIA warned him not to do this because it puts Americans in danger.

And you know, trump did not mind them when he was laundering money for them.
Quote Reply