Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

POC SPIN helmet series
Quote | Reply
With the talk of the helmet town being the new Trek WaveCel, I haven't seen anything on the POC spin lineup in the forum. Does anyone have any experience with POC's SPIN technology? The new Omne air spin looks like a pretty slick and well priced helmet for putzing around on gravel, road, or mountain bike.
Quote Reply
Re: POC SPIN helmet series [BKyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just recently got the Tectal trail helmet. It's pretty light for a trail helmet and very comfy. Compared to other MIPS helmets I own, I definitely prefer Spin. I'm pretty sure I'd look for a Spin helmet going forward if comfort and ventilation were the priorities.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a Ventral SPIN when they first came out last year. It's comfortable and well made, I like it a lot. POC helmets test out well in the Virginia Tech studies without the SPIN pads, I can only imagine the pads help with rotational forces. They certainly feel like they do, with very minimal weight penalty and no ventilation penalty.

That said, I've never hit my head with this helmet on.
Quote Reply
Re: POC SPIN helmet series [vjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vjohn wrote:
That said, I've never hit my head with this helmet on.

And hopefully you don't.

Ventral looks like a nice option too, a less bulky octal.
Quote Reply
Re: POC SPIN helmet series [vjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a Ventral this time last year and, after using Giro helmets for the better part of thirty years, I love it. It is very comfortable and extremely well ventilated. Additionally, it is the quietest helmet I've ever used. Love it!

I am going to get one of the new Ventral Air helmets too and see how that compares.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I decided to conduct my own investigation into the bicycle helmets. I always rode without them, but recently I often go out on the road and it's time to think about safety. Are your options comfortable but strong? What can you say about these options https://outdoorsly.org/...ountain-bike-helmet/?
Quote Reply
Re: POC SPIN helmet series [Bdaghisallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bdaghisallo wrote:

I am going to get one of the new Ventral Air helmets too and see how that compares.

Did you get a chance to compare them? Thanks

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: POC SPIN helmet series [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
captainolek wrote:
Bdaghisallo wrote:

Did you get a chance to compare them? Thanks

I did get one and I like it. The air throughput is pretty amazing. The regular Ventral is no slouch in that dept but the Air is aptly named.
Quote Reply
Re: POC SPIN helmet series [Bdaghisallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the Ventral Air is a really nice helmet and an improvement on the Octal.
Quote Reply