Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Fenix 3 screen just went black...is it dead?
Quote | Reply
So, happened to glance down at my 5ish year old Fenix 3 to notice that the screen was black. It just came of the charger this morning, so I know it isn't the battery. I've held down the light button for an eternity, but to no avail. I've tried the various reset buttons, but no dice. Anything else I could try? I think it just became a brick, but wanted to see if there was any hope of bringing it back to life.

Quote | Reply
Before you ditch it, check the charger. Did it start to charge when you put it in the charger?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 3 screen just went black...is it dead? [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, screen stayed dead.

Quote | Reply
That happened to me a few times, and I was able to get it going again by plugging it into a computer and then turning it on while plugged in, and once it came back on it worked fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 3 screen just went black...is it dead? [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Long shot possibly but have you verified your charger is still properly working? Could you try somebody else's charger (if you have access) that is known to work. Or try your charger on somebody else's watch that is compatible with it to see if it still works.

Sometimes cables and chargers just go bad. For a while I thought my TV was slowly dying because the it would randomly have issues with an HDMI port. Turns out the TV is fine and one my more expensive cables with a more robust cover (hard to bend to protect it) went bad. Cable was over 10 years old though. But my other ones bought at the same time (same ones) are fine.
Last edited by: loxx0050: Apr 4, 19 7:30
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 3 screen just went black...is it dead? [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had this happen to me with my old fenix 3. Happened in the middle of a 70.3 too. screen went black and no response to buttons or rest attempts. It actually kept recording for a while though. I was still able to plug it into the computer and retrieve files off it, but could never get it to turn back on. Looking at the last activity when it died, the temperature ramped up to 55 deg C (max it will read, but it probably went higher) and it must have fried. I warranted it with no issue.

Quote Reply