Cabernet Sauvignon

Merlot? :-)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: What supplements are you taking and why [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scottxs wrote:
Cabernet Sauvignon
Drug testers arrive before breakfast. One of the standard questions: "What supplements are you taking?"
Answer: "None"
"Whoah; that's very unusual!"
[Top 30 pro.]
Quote Reply
Re: What supplements are you taking and why [Stimps9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I take a multivitamin every day.

I don't really believe that I need the multivitamin because I eat a very balanced diet.

I take it because at least one study on Alzheimer's found that people who take a multivitamin have a slower rate of advancing to Alzheimer's dementia.

Unfortunately for me, there is a very strong family history of "early" onset of dementia. I'm trying to do all of the little things in the hopes of delaying this. I'm 51. By family history, I've got about another 25 years where I still recognize my wife and kids. Anything that might help.....

I generally don't believe in supplements. IMO, if you get real change in performance with a supplement, it is likely to have something in it that is on the margins of WADA legality.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Re: What supplements are you taking and why [wannabefaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm somehow reluctant to post this but this is ST and anything goes.....

Now that I have read through this thread and seen how many people are taking fish oil, I have to share my fish oil story (I may have posted this once before).

In my mid 30s I decided that I should be taking fish oil. I bought a six month supply and started taking them. No issues. Or so I thought.

Completely unrelated to this (you would think), and perhaps too much sharing, I have always had a relatively strong sex drive. My wife and I enjoy a very satisfying relationship in the bedroom.

Also, in my mid 30s, I went through a period of lack of interest in sex. To the point that my wife thought I was having an affair. It was completely weird. I just had no desire/interest and that is definitely not like me. I sat down with my wife (because she thought I might be cheating on her) and explained that it was the weirdest thing, but I just wasn't interested at all. We talked a bit and she asked me, "do you think it could be the fish oil?" She saw the temporal relationship of my lack of interest and starting fish oil. It didn't even occur to me (it's nice to be married to someone really smart and observant). I had never heard anything like that and an internet search yielded no real results, but I stopped the fish oil. And within three days, the old me was back. Pretty much back to baseline in my desire/drive. The issue has never recurred.

This is an N of 1. I've never tested it again. I've never seen it described. But if my experience helps even one guy and his relationship, I will have done a favor to the world. Use this as you wish.

Jason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Have you considered that maybe there was something wrong with the supplement itself and not with the fish oil? And if not, if now you have salmon and sardines, do you lose your sex drive?

Or maybe the low libido was a sign of overtraining...
Quote Reply
Re: What supplements are you taking and why [anakinpm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anakinpm wrote:
Have you considered that maybe there was something wrong with the supplement itself and not with the fish oil? And if not, if now you have salmon and sardines, do you lose your sex drive?

Or maybe the low libido was a sign of overtraining...

I think it’s highly likely that there was some contamination.

I am just relaying my experience.

Any time you put something that is largely unregulated into your body it’s good to be aware of changes that may ensue.

When I was deep in IM training in the past I have had reductions in libido. This was different. It was like all desire was turned off. It was weird.

Jason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes try a different brand. I take Fish Oil and will jump on my wife at the snap of her fingers.........just waiting for her to snap her fingers....waiting. :/

I added 60mg of iron and it's been a life changer. Such a boost. However, I have the luxury of being anemic, so I need the iron.

Prev Next