Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Retul Footbed
Quote | Reply
Has anyone had experience with this they would like to share? I've had intermittent foot issues that seem to surface on outdoor rides longer than 4 hours. I don't want to change anything in my bike fit, in that it seems just right in all other elements. I have a non-customized insert that has helped, as have adjustments on the pedal and cleat and swapping out the cleat when it gets worn. I also try to be aware of my feet in the shoes as I'm riding, that they're not bunching toward the front, etc. With all that, I get a burning sensation that still pops up periodically. Could the Retul footbed help with this?

https://www.retul.com/custom-footbeds

TIA.
Quote Reply
Re: Retul Footbed [Jelana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are your exact foot issues that you’re having?

I’ve gotten custom inserts in a regular fitting - and they seem good. They definitely fill up some space on the bottom, but I do feel like I’ve gotten similar fits with one of those heat moldable inserts as well. Sounds like you already have something similar tho?
Quote Reply
Re: Retul Footbed [Jelana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jelana wrote:
Has anyone had experience with this they would like to share? I've had intermittent foot issues that seem to surface on outdoor rides longer than 4 hours. I don't want to change anything in my bike fit, in that it seems just right in all other elements. I have a non-customized insert that has helped, as have adjustments on the pedal and cleat and swapping out the cleat when it gets worn. I also try to be aware of my feet in the shoes as I'm riding, that they're not bunching toward the front, etc. With all that, I get a burning sensation that still pops up periodically. Could the Retul footbed help with this?

https://www.retul.com/custom-footbeds

TIA.
Yes, its quite possible footbeds are exactly what you need. I'm of the opinion that everyone cycling would likely benefit from better footbeds (the Retul footbeds are excellent) and highly encourage everyone reading to footbeds molded for their cycling shoes if they haven't already.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply