Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Trump punts healthcare to post-2020
Quote | Reply

"I mean it 100 percent, I understand healthcare now, especially very well."
"We're going to have great healthcare!"
"We're going to be known as the party of healthcare - you watch."
"I'm going to take care of everybody. I don't care whether it costs me votes or not."

https://www.usnews.com/...-after-2020-election

I guess finally he listened to his own party and realized this was not a winning strategy. So re-elect Trump, and then he'll deliver the best healthcare. Some say it could be the greatest ever.

Oh, and Orphious, apologies in advance - I have TDS. Some say I have the best TDS!
Quote Reply
Re: Trump punts healthcare to post-2020 [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HAHAHAHA!! Thanks for the smile this morning! Cheers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"In other words it will be far less expensive & much more usable than ObamaCare. Vote will be taken right after the Election when Republicans hold the Senate & win back the House," he said.

That's not a punt. He walked off the field.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Trump punts healthcare to post-2020 [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How long will people believe that they have a plan that is cheaper and better?

2 years ago the plan they submitted would have caused like 25 million people to lose healthcare.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait, I thought Obamacare fixed all this.

We should be happy that Trumby isn’t going to change it.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Trump punts healthcare to post-2020 [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
How long will people believe that they have a plan that is cheaper and better?

2 years ago the plan they submitted would have caused like 25 million people to lose healthcare.

Technically, kicking 25MM people off the roles would make it cheaper. Better, that's a little more subjective I suppose.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Trump punts healthcare to post-2020 [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think trumps chief of staff guaranteed this weekend that no one that has health care now would lose it with their new plan. So what the gop previously submittedxoulsnt be used now.

I just am curious if anyone actually believes trump has a health care plan that would provide health care for more people, be cheaper, and easier to use.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump punts healthcare to post-2020 [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:

Technically, kicking 25MM people off the roles would make it cheaper. Better, that's a little more subjective I suppose.

It might make insurance premiums a little less, but we're paying for them one way or another. Insurance might be the most efficient.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
I think trumps chief of staff guaranteed this weekend that no one that has health care now would lose it with their new plan. So what the gop previously submittedxoulsnt be used now.

On the other hand, Trump has zero issues completely ignoring what his staff says, though.

And completely ignoring what he, himself says. If there's enough backlash to punting by Hannity call-ins, etc, I could see him reversing his tweetstorm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you work for CNN? LOL!!!! I just noticed you have titled your post almost the exact headline of their article.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump punts healthcare to post-2020 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

On the other hand, Trump has zero issues completely ignoring what his staff says, though.

And completely ignoring what he, himself says. If there's enough backlash to punting by Hannity call-ins, etc, I could see him reversing his tweetstorm.

I doubt there will be much backlash. Just a collective "meh". No one believes Trump has a good alternative and the GOP should thank the likes of McCain, Collins and Murkowski for voting down their unpopular healthcare proposal in 2017.

Funnily enough, now Susan Collins is terrified the ACA challenge will end up in the Supreme Court and her boy Kav will rule it unconstitutional. That would be a bad look for her in her 2020 re-election effort.

https://dailycaller.com/...d-trump-health-care/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So sad!

Healthcare punt till the total republican victory of 2020 can then bring resolution? When will the the partisanship- I win and therefore you lose- efforts be viewed as we all lose? Coverage issues vs costs issues have to be delivered together in a comprehensive package requiring a bipartisan effort. Pissin' into the wind seems to be the easiest learned skill set by partisans.

What is more sad? Demagogues in 2020 will continue to rule over an incompetent voting public.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump punts healthcare to post-2020 [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Do you work for CNN? LOL!!!! I just noticed you have titled your post almost the exact headline of their article.

No, my headline is better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find orphious' post rather comical given the cheeto in chief regularly posts shit that is coming straight from Fox News ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:

I just am curious if anyone actually believes trump has a health care plan that would provide health care for more people, be cheaper, and easier to use.

I seriously would have stopped at the bolded part. The plan is there is no plan. This shit is hard and he hasn't a clue nor does he care to educate himself.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump punts healthcare to post-2020 [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
I find orphious' post rather comical given the cheeto in chief regularly posts shit that is coming straight from Fox News ;-)

It was meant in jest.. wasnt meaning any disrespect to Kay.. I had to do a double take when I saw it..
Quote Reply
Re: Trump punts healthcare to post-2020 [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

I seriously would have stopped at the bolded part. The plan is there is no plan. This shit is hard and he hasn't a clue nor does he care to educate himself.
-
WRONG! (by that I mean right) The GOP still has probably tens of plans, just none that even they can coalesce around, much less bring in some dems for. Impressive that Trump feels his supporters will be happy with the vague post re-election promise. More bummed that congress is so polarized that some improvements in healthcare or immigration law, etc can't get done. SAD
Quote Reply
Re: Trump punts healthcare to post-2020 [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The current situation is much worse than bi-partisanship working to improve the current health care system. If anything, it appears the GOP is actively working to implode the current system.

So thats why it seems strange to me that trump is promoting a great system without actually just presenting it as a better alternative to the status quo.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump punts healthcare to post-2020 [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

I’d even go further and say no one has a good plan for more people, cheaper and easier. It’s such a massive system, we’re kinda in crapshoot mode. Instead of an overall I think they need to start systematically fixing individual pieces. But the republicans and democrats are so far apart on what they think is best I don’t see how that happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first thought was, "how is he going to handle that during his re-election campaign when everyone knows he should have solved it in his first term, and that he just gave up on it."

Then I realized, he will just lie, over and over, and over again, and 40% of the country will be believe him.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Trump punts healthcare to post-2020 [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they ought to watch how he keeps score in golf.....commander in cheat by rick riley
Quote Reply
Re: Trump punts healthcare to post-2020 [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
I’d even go further and say no one has a good plan for more people, cheaper and easier. It’s such a massive system, we’re kinda in crapshoot mode. Instead of an overall I think they need to start systematically fixing individual pieces. But the republicans and democrats are so far apart on what they think is best I don’t see how that happens.
-
My thoughts as well, same on the immigration front.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump punts healthcare to post-2020 [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
..... But the republicans and democrats are so far apart on what they think is best I don’t see how that happens.

Substantively they really are not so far apart on dem. or rep.versions of plans, short of the abolition of the private health care insurance industry. The ACA was just fine tuning of Mitt Romney's plan in Ma. Where they are so far apart are as you say is on "what they think is best" for their party. Now the solution course is to use health care as a wedge issue for the next election. Obama poisoned the well with his elections have consequences statement while ramming ACA through to enactment
Quote Reply
Re: Trump punts healthcare to post-2020 [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I remember correctly, also similar to the Bob Dole plan.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Trump punts healthcare to post-2020 [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes sir, It is all about branding and that is the man's claim to fame. NAFTA no good. Tweak it and pass it as NAFTA II that won't work, how about USMCA? If someone introduced legislation to tweak the ACA for the better, and just simply named it Trumpcare, I swear the man would not be able to shut up on how great an accomplishment he had made for all of America.
Quote Reply

Prev Next