Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2019 Cervelo P3X [SAvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know what extension options Cervelo offer as standard for the P3x? Or is just the one type (30° from the looks of it) on the basis that they're standard 22.2mm diameter?
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Cervelo P3X [Polo_1272] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, just the 30deg, 22.2 dia. I have one in front of me (and 3 p5 discs)

'to give anything less than the best is to sacrifice the gift'...Pre
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Cervelo P3X [undies] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great, thanks for confirming.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Cervelo P3X [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could it be currency fluctuation?
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Cervelo P3X [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fazz wrote:
HappyWeirdo wrote:
My Question is the new P3X better than the P5X (2018 one with mechanic Brakes)?
What would you buy if you had the money?
Thanks

P3x
- approx 0.5kg lighter
- stiffer
- poss handles bit better
- better brakes (how much depends)
- cheaper new by 2k ish

P5x
- split bars for easier packing as standard (also fit p3x if wanting)
- poss better wheels depending on spec and opinion/preference
- new model comes with Biknd bag (p3x tbc)
- slightly better aero but not noticeable realistically

Basically it's down to personal preference.
P3x is the next version and improved tech, but p5x still has its pros.

Also worth considering if the biknd bag is coming with the p5x that you are looking at as mixed reports on if included with p3x and cervelo site suggests not.

I would lean towards p3x due to newer tech and lighter/stiffer with same benefits.
Not much cheaper when bag and poss split bars are added if needed though .

You mentioned the wheels but I would consider that more thoroughly.
The p3x comes with a 60 or 30 mm rear wheel. To me that‘s rather useles: either you have a disc rear wheel or an 80 mm if you get afraid in winds or if you go to Kona. I personally would never ride a shallower wheel in the rear.
In front ok: that‘s where the wind can get tricky.

And with p5x you can have the deeper rear wheels. (Or a frame set. )
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Cervelo P3X [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone seen any reviews / ride reports aside from the 'first ride' style done at the launch event?
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Cervelo P3X [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also curious to read actual user reviews/feedback.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Cervelo P3X [Chubbychums] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still no long term reviews or any reports from rides outside the press launch?

Between this and the Shiv I feel I may aswell announce the launch of a new Tri bike that is 3kg, has 3.47% less drag at all yaw angles than either a P5x/d or a Shiv or Felt IA, has space for 7 bottles and a refillable on fly internal bladder, bars that allow an angle to bring the hands above my head, or to be down at the front hub, has both disc and rim brakes, has peddle, crank and hub powermeters, a 0x15 drivetrain operated by mobile phone only, with no shifters on the bike, not only tubeless, but you actually just ride on the rims that are now 48mm wide, and whilst no space for tools, each time you ride a local mechanic is dispatched on a scooter to ride beside you. I intend to form the company to design such a think next month, but I am taking orders now for what is clearly the best bike available* anywhere.

*claim excludes other bikes not available.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Cervelo P3X [Chubbychums] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read through all 6 pages of this thread, and I still can't figure out what anyone needs all this storage for unless you're doing Race Across America or something. I mean, you have a giant bento box for your food. And little tool/tube/co2 area under the downtube. What are you putting in the box above the crank? A book of your favorite inspirations quotes in case you need to take a dump mid-race? More food? IM has special needs.

I'd also like to hear how this bike handles and rides compared to something like a P5 disc (which doesn't have enough storage -- why can't that bike at least have a flat kit area that attaches to the back? Even short course athletes carry a flat kit.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Cervelo P3X [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly Ive found that box above the crank is pretty useless on race day. There is no spring to hold the cover on, so if you try to open it mid ride its just going to fall off. On top of that for 70.3 and below...honestly it's extra storage you don't really need because at least I've found I can stash as much food as I need in the bento and I can carry my 3 bottles and not need to hit of aid stations for more fluid over 56 miles.

I typically keep it on for races even if its empty.

1. It's a pain in the ass to take on and off.
2. I feel like there was an engineering decision for it in terms of aerodynamics. Too lazy to go back and check that again at the moment.

I do use it for long training rides, typically I stash extra food in it or another tube. It nice for that so I don't have to stash a ton of crap in my jersey pockets.
Quote Reply

Prev Next