Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Running/Cycling glasses that correct for nearsighted and astimatism
Quote | Reply
What are you folks using? I am no longer using contact lenses and now need to resort to prescription bases sunglasses, I know there are a few brands out there who offer Rx lenses but thought I'd check with everyone here to see what works for them.

Also is there a helmet based visor that offers an RX shielf? Would be great else I'd have to sell my Air Attack Shield setup....
Quote Reply
Re: Running/Cycling glasses that correct for nearsighted and astimatism [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LASIK.
Quote Reply
Re: Running/Cycling glasses that correct for nearsighted and astimatism [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using the Oakley jawbones for 7 yearsnow renamed as racing jackets after copyright issues. They do a full prescription lens option. Unlike allot of other glasses which just do a small insert.
Quote Reply
Re: Running/Cycling glasses that correct for nearsighted and astimatism [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cajer wrote:
I have been using the Oakley jawbones for 7 yearsnow renamed as racing jackets after copyright issues. They do a full prescription lens option. Unlike allot of other glasses which just do a small insert.

Terrific thanks for the advice will look into that.

NordicSkier wrote:
LASIK.

Nope can't have it done, I already had cataract surgery.....
Quote Reply
Re: Running/Cycling glasses that correct for nearsighted and astimatism [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Oakley Field Jacket is the new Jawbone, bigger and lighter. I have a set of prescription lens made by Oakley using my flex spending and couldn't be happier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cheaply, go to Walmart, etc and get a pair of regular, shatterproof, progressive lenses with frame. I have done this for years because many frames were too close to this heavy sweater's face to keep the glasses from steaming up.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Running/Cycling glasses that correct for nearsighted and astimatism [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
The Oakley Field Jacket is the new Jawbone, bigger and lighter. I have a set of prescription lens made by Oakley using my flex spending and couldn't be happier.

Does the frame obscure your vision in the TT position?

I've been using my rimless prescription glasses for a while & often find myself peering over the top of them.
Quote Reply
Re: Running/Cycling glasses that correct for nearsighted and astimatism [SteveM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A little, but they are about as good as rimmed sunglasses can get; if you take a look at the frame shape you will see that the coverage is excellent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oakley Valve here with Rx / photochromic lenses.

I'd say they're about 80-90% there. Look good, good coverage, work in sunshine or at night. But slip down my nose a bit when running sweaty, or on aero bars. Also the upper frame rim blocks vision on aero bars.

Maybe we just need some snooker glasses?

Quote Reply