Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked.
Quote | Reply
You guys are normally ahead of me on this stuff

https://www.wareable.com/...-specs-features-7128
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I saw a post on this last week
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw that same article this AM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wareable.com wrote:
The Forerunner 935 was released back in 2017, so it’s long overdue an upgrade.

The horror!!! Technology that's 2 years old!!!!

The question is then, what is included to entice us to upgrade besides GarminPay? As far as I can tell, the 935 is just about everything I could ask for in a Tri focused, 24/7 watch. Just wish the barometric pressure sensor didn't die....
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Music?
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mgreer wrote:
wareable.com wrote:
The Forerunner 935 was released back in 2017, so it’s long overdue an upgrade.

The question is then, what is included to entice us to upgrade besides GarminPay? As far as I can tell, the 935 is just about everything I could ask for in a Tri focused, 24/7 watch. Just wish the barometric pressure sensor didn't die....

I love my 935. As you said, it's everything I could ask for a Tri watch. But I wouldn't mind having Gamin Pay (I live in Boston and contactless payment is widely accepted). Music would also be a good addition. Not deal breaker for sure.

If there was one thing I'd LOVE to see on the new 935 is “dual-frequency” GNSS support. This is the most promising enhancements to position accuracy in many years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give us an option where it has a silver crown and a black band so it's not colored like parts from kid's box of spare Legos and I'll be interested.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Last edited by: ZenTriBrett: Apr 1, 19 6:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mgreer wrote:

This would be funny if there weren't people here that agreed with you :p
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
mgreer wrote:

And just think, I'm still using the 910..........

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
Give us an option where it has a silver crown and a black band so it's not colored like parts from kid's box of spare Legos and I'll be interested.

This was mainly a 910/920XT problem. The 935 can be all black if you don't get the tri bundle.... and if you want the silver crown, you can buy the Fenix line. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume so and this would be my primary reason to consider it, BUT I have written several times on here that the blue tooth connectivity of the 645 music is a pile of garbage. If Garmin figures that out (without qualifiers like “only works with certain BT earphones” and “ watch must be on a certain side of your body to function” and “works indoors but not outdoor running” etc), I’m on board.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Apr 1, 19 8:14
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, I'm with you on that. If it works well I will prob finally upgrade from my 4 y/o 920xt. That thing just works and does everything I need it to do. But music would be great, and it will also be nice to have a watch I would actually wear when not training too.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For most BT headphones the right ear bud is the master, i.e. it receives the signal from the sending device, be that your phone or watch. Therefore, putting the watch on your right hand will usually result in a better, more stable connection.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [chriselam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
(1) I understand
(2) this is an unacceptable qualifier in my opinion (my iPod works fine everywhere on my body)
(3) regardless, I tried every combination of watch location with the 645 with 3-4 different sets of earbuds and it failed each time. Sometimes no connectivity, sometimes ok while standing still or walking but cut out when running etc. I wrote about this in more detail in other threads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and the Wifi might even work!
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:
mgreer wrote:

Me too. I'm clearly in the minority but I don't think there's been a meaningful improvement since then (for me anyways) to justify shelling out the cash.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [guy2600] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guy2600 wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:
mgreer wrote:

Me too. I'm clearly in the minority but I don't think there's been a meaningful improvement since then (for me anyways) to justify shelling out the cash.

x2.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [guy2600] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guy2600 wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:
mgreer wrote:

Value is highly personal, but for me, optical heart has been a game changer and the lone reason I went from my 910 to the 935.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know when Garmin typically releases products to have an idea of when we might expect announcement if it’s for real?
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [gguerini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gguerini wrote:
ZenTriBrett wrote:

This was mainly a 910/920XT problem. The 935 can be all black if you don't get the tri bundle.... and if you want the silver crown, you can buy the Fenix line. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's exactly what I did. It's a little heavy and I had to buy a black band to swap out that grey/blue one, but I finally got the combo that looks more like it costs what it actually does instead of a cheapo watch from walmart. I get compliments on it at the office all the time. Looks fantastic.

Here it is with an Omega Seamaster face on it.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnfEePmF44T/

And here it is just out of the pool.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrVsDnDDTM_/
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueapplepaste wrote:
Anyone know when Garmin typically releases products to have an idea of when we might expect announcement if it’s for real?
The 920XT was in the fall, but the last two multisport watches (735XT and 935) were announced right around now-- 2Q of their respective years. Given that Garmin allegedly glitched their own website with a model name and image content, I would guess that the announcement is any day now.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueapplepaste wrote:

Blind speculation here, but on the DC Rainmaker podcast, he mentioned he was testing a few watches for reviews that will come out in the April/May timeframe. This was in reference to specific watches, but I wouldn't be surprised if the 945 was among those he was testing.

The Sea Otter Classic is on April 11, so I wouldn't be surprised if the 945 gets announced there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blueapplepaste wrote:
an idea of when we might expect announcement if it’s for real?

Release date will be the same day as the FR955 rumours start.

As above, I went from 910 to 935 and am very happy with what it does. I guess I may use the pay feature for my post ride coffee, but only maybe. I got the brown leather strap and got a lot of postive comments. However, I forgot my rubber strap for two separate swim sessions and that killed the strap pretty quickly - went brittle and snapped. So just using the black one which looks fine.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agreed, there isn't much I'd change.

I did actually have the baro sensor die on my 935 about three weeks ago.

Of course Garmin replaced it without charge despite it being well outside the warranty time frame. Hell, I got the 935 for free when my 920 died and got the 920 free after multiple 910 deaths.

Garmin is rock solid on the support front.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
guy2600 wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:
mgreer wrote:

x2.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the 910. I initially went from 310xt to 920xt primarily for lap swim feature. I've never found the connect iq apps particularly useful for me. I recently upgraded to the 935 as I liked the looks of it better than the 920xt and liked the longer battery life. Its definitely nicer. But I don't use most of the features that it offers. That was the same with the 920xt. So really more a want than need.
Quote Reply

Prev Next