Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Road Helmet
Quote | Reply
With all the excitement of the new Bontrager Helmet, I went to try one on. For some reason, the strap bothers my head. Seems odd since it is a new design but the plastic piece rubs my head wrong...maybe it is because i have a shaved head. Anyways, anyone have a road helmet they love? Any reviews on the Oakley ARO5
Quote Reply
Re: New Road Helmet [MadisonMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So comfy....

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Lazer Z1 helmet that I like quite a bit and have had a few years. Very good for hot weather. And I bought the optional aeroshell, not for aerodynamics, but for when it's really cold it blocks the wind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried the new XXX too, didn't like it. A little heavy, poor sunglasses docking.

I really like the Giro Aether MIPS I just got though. Perfect (for me) in every regard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take a look at POCs new "Spin" helmets. I just picked up a Tectal (a trail helmet) and its surprisingly light and very comfy. The straps are very "smooth" for lack of a better word.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Helmets seem to be pretty particular to head shapes. For my head, the Kask helmets fit best -- by far the most comfortable. I keep my hair very short and the lining on the Kask helmets is very head friendly. The "eco-leather" strap is also extremely comfortable. I have a Protone that accompanies me on most rides. On the HOT days of summer and for warmer climb days, I wear a Valegro. (Venting on the Valegro is amazingly effective. Too effective for 4-season use.)
Last edited by: FlashBazbo: Apr 1, 19 7:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you try the Ballista? That one works for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Oakley AR05 and it certainly isn't a cool helmet if that is an issue. I would define more your requirements being aero or cool is more of an appeal? I didn't realise there was excitement over the Bontrager helmet. If that was the greatest innovation in cycling in what 20 years as they were claiming not a lot must have happened in that time...
Quote Reply
Re: New Road Helmet [lanierb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lanierb wrote:
Did you try the Ballista? That one works for me.

Yeah, I second the ballista. But, if the wavecels weren't comfy, it will likely be the same.

Anyway, best bet is to check out this list: https://www.helmet.beam.vt.edu/...-helmet-ratings.html Start at the top and work your way down.
Quote Reply