Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Sharkienaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sharkienaz wrote:
Just acquired a 2017 Trinity Advanced Pro 1 that never sold at at local shop. It's my first tri bike and I'm loving it so far.

I'm wondering how folks are mounting their head units? I have an Elemnt Bolt which I've mounted on the clip-on bars of my road bike. I can do the same with the extensions of the Trinity, but am curious if folks have developed other solutions? The hydration unit doesn't leave many options.

In the same boat - got a cheap 2017 trinity pro 1 that hadn't sold. It's great that the newer version includes a dual sided power meter and ski bends extensions but i couldn't justify the $2k extra it would have cost me.

For my garmin mount I took dfroelich’s advice and adapted the mount he suggested from thingiverse to the 7.2cm gap between the bars. The Zipp mount would have worked fine (if a bit off centre), but i get a strange sort of kick out of little projects like these!

Last edited by: bluebottle81: Feb 5, 19 3:16
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [bluebottle81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! It looks sharp. Does it sit between your forearms or out in the breeze?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes and thank you very much for the suggestion. Re positioning is just behind my wrists where it sits currently. I could easily move it back another 10cm but will see how it goes after riding with it for a bit
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is anybody else having issues setting up/ calibrating their power meter? I recently bought the Trinity Advanced Pro 1 (2019).
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [ILoveMyTrinity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback on the Trinity..... finally pulled the trigger and have done a number of trainer rides on it. So far I’m loving it! Will get it out on the road next weekend. Thanks gang!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi all, looking for some help with a bike purchase.

Option A:
2016 Giant Trinity Advanced Pro 0
(https://www.giant-bicycles.com/...-advanced-pro-0-2016)
Dura Ace (9070) Di2 with CeramicSpeed oversized pulley.
Condition: used frequently for training and races since 2016.

Option B:
2018 Giant Trinity Advanced Pro 1
(https://www.giant-bicycles.com/...-advanced-pro-1-2018)
Ultegra (R8050) Di2.
Condition: smidge over half year fairly regular use.

Same price point, same Giant SLR wheels. Main query is whether the newer and less-used Ultegra groupset outweighs the benefits of the older model Dura Ace groupset + CeramicSpeed.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by: strussy: Apr 8, 19 5:01
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [strussy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if the owner of the 2016 bike has picked up the upgraded bottle and bento box then personally it would just come down to colour for me.

They are in effect the same bike. If the Ultegra R8050 comes with the latest battery and one button shifters for synchro shift then I would probably go with that. I have the 2019 frameset and have just put Syncro shift option on it and think it's brilliant, others prefer the manual approach. both have it's pro's and cons.

So basically, if the 2016 one comes with the rubbish 1st gen bottle and bento then get the new one. If it has been upgraded to the new stuff then choose which one you prefer the look of.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [strussy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would buy which ever one appears to have been used the least and cared for the most.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [twirpburrows] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice assessment. I'd put price in there as a factor as well. You can get both the new bottle and bento for around $100. (Most of us got these for free. I imagine that time has passed.)

https://www.giantbikespares.com/...oduct_detail/3-42956
https://www.giantbikespares.com/...oduct_detail/3-43418
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anybody know the maximum saddlehigh of a size XS pro version? I found data in the geometry chart, but they don´t say anything about how they messure it. Middle bottom bracket to saddle clamp?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [captain hook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good Day All

Some help needed if people can.

I brought a Giant Trinity Advanced (not pro) 2017 from your local online auction.
Was in great nick and very cheap (£1300 for those who are interested)

To help its:
- Blue White
- Ultegra Rear Cassette
- 105 Gearing
- Vision TT Max Front Cogs
- Mavic CXR Carbon Wheels + Blades

So, I brought a Profile Design Aeria Carbon front cockpit (pictured), which came with Di2 switches (on sticks and brakes) for nearly nothing due to damage on it which ive painstakingly recovered (I like that sorta thing) in a hope to lighten the bike a little (its over 10kg!)

The bars and bike are pictured.

Question Time:

How hard is it to get di2 on the bike, what would I need to buy - complete n00b at this, and literally no idea at all.

How hard is it to get all the wiring through the frame? What needs removing, any tips?

Anyone know how heavy the standard handlebars and sticks are?

Any recommendations to make the bike generally better or advice?

Thank you so much :)

Its purpose is 70.3 ironmans (next one in 3 weeks!)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [matyhaty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know the exact spec model of the bottom brackets on

Trinity Advanced Pro 1 2017

It just says shimano push fit bottom bracket on documents

Looking at replacing same like for like or possible upgrading to ceramic

cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [captain hook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
captain hook wrote:
Does anybody know the maximum saddlehigh of a size XS pro version? I found data in the geometry chart, but they don´t say anything about how they messure it. Middle bottom bracket to saddle clamp?

If I don’t remind wrong, the lenght you ask is 730-740mm

Sorry if my english is pretty bad, I am not english native
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [matyhaty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
matyhaty wrote:
Question Time:

How hard is it to get di2 on the bike, what would I need to buy - complete n00b at this, and literally no idea at all.

How hard is it to get all the wiring through the frame? What needs removing, any tips?

Anyone know how heavy the standard handlebars and sticks are?

Any recommendations to make the bike generally better or advice?

For Di2, you'd need at minimum:
3 port A junction
B junction
4 etube wires Stem - BB, BB - seatpost (battery), BB - FD, BB - RD
battery
charger
FD
RD

...to add shifting at the brakes:
upgrade to the 5 port A Junction
2 more wires, brifters - stem
brifters with buttons

wiring is not terrible, but will take a little time. Since it is already cabled, just tape the wires to the cables and pull them through.

No idea how heavy they are. I have a different bar (the tri bar), but the extensions are pretty light, but not comfy at all. I swapped them out.

To make it better, get comfortable so that you can stay aero the whole race. A disc cover would be good, as well as a BTA front bottle instead of that big front bottle.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [stivrunning] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,
New to this post. Have a 2017 Trinity Pro1 (Matte Black/Orange) Love my bike!
Has anyone gone with Ceramic bearings?
Are they easy to source? (I’m in Australia)
Are they easy to fit?
Are they worth it?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Livelee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you get a front bottle to see if it fits in the end or just give up on the idea? I spoke to my local,l Giant store and they seem to think it will fit
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have the riser stem and a medium? I'm switching from the old stem to the new one and need to know how many spacers go under it (and what size spacers). A picture would be great.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [bearlyfinish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi guys, anybody struggle to get far enough forward on their giant trinity?
I seem to be very far behind the BB. And I have my saddle pushed as far forward as it will go and in the most forward Seatpost position but still pretty far back relative to other athletes photos.
Is this just the geometry of the trinity? Would it make a difference if I sized up?
Last edited by: stevey028: May 23, 19 1:43
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [stevey028] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should probably make a 'critique my fit' post. I imagine that would get more answers since it looks like you are indeed as forward as you can get.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
Any owners in the bay area? I've developed a rear storage box for the Cervelo P5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdGQyPyYozE&feature=youtu.be

Been asked by some to do the same for Giant Trinity Advanced bike. In order to do that, I need to take some measurements off the frame. Anyone in the bay area want to volunteer? PM me if you would like to participate.

Rear storage box for the Giant Trinity is finalized and shipping was able to mount 2 boxes on small and large trinity yesterday. Came out really well. Although I will admit that I forgot about the little rubber gasket and its nub that sits on top of the top tube. Two options, user removes the rubber gasket, or I extend the front of the clamp a couple of mm and add a small hole in top of clamp for the nub to go into.

Order yours at https://custombikexcessories.com/...ike-rear-storage-box

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Last edited by: yannb: Jun 17, 19 22:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No option for xs size?

Sorry if my english is pretty bad, I am not english native
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [ferluinavela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ferluinavela wrote:
No option for xs size?

Not yet, I need measurement of the rear of the frame from top of seat tube to right above seat stay. So far haven’t been able to get someone with an XS to do that.

Also, anyone know what year the frame changed, ie are 2017 frames the same as 2018-2019? What was earliest year of the current model?

Yann

Instagram
Facebook
Last edited by: yannb: Jun 18, 19 1:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to chime in to say that your storage box for my Shiv is awesome :) I'll post some pictures when I get around to it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do we know if you can fit a spare tub in the box
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [stivrunning] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stivrunning wrote:
Do we know if you can fit a spare tub in the box
Do you mean a tube or tubular tire. If tubular tire, I don’t know. You might be able to. As for tube, yes most definitely, including a co2 cartridge, co2 inflator, tire levers, small multitool.

Yann

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply

Prev Next