Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: GPS watches 2+ years old [p9ul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
p9ul wrote:

Been toying with switching to a FR935 for some time (less weight on my skinny wrists!), but the screen's on the Garmin's look to be poor ... I just want a screen I can read without squinting too much!

Depressingly my eye sight without glasses is fading by the day. To the point that I struggle with my edge 510. However, the 935 I dont' struggle with at all, even when using the 4 data screens.
Quote Reply
Re: GPS watches 2+ years old [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GPS devices may be malfunctioning due to GPS week number rollover

https://www.energy.gov/...week-number-rollover
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Forerunner 235 won't hold a charge for even 3 days now, and that is without turning on the GPS. I have to charge it every 2 days so it doesn't die on day 3. Tried a hard reset and that didn't help. I am considering the Instinct as a replacement.
Quote Reply
Re: GPS watches 2+ years old [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duncan74 wrote:
p9ul wrote:

Been toying with switching to a FR935 for some time (less weight on my skinny wrists!), but the screen's on the Garmin's look to be poor ... I just want a screen I can read without squinting too much!

Depressingly my eye sight without glasses is fading by the day. To the point that I struggle with my edge 510. However, the 935 I dont' struggle with at all, even when using the 4 data screens.

Exactly the same boat - and it's my own fault, if I'm not at work on a computer, I'm looking at Zwift on an iPad or a TV and an Xbox.

I'm trying to source some good prescription cycling glasses that don't break the bank (replacement lenses for my Oakley's are £200+) but that wont solve anything in the pool.

The FR935 has a slightly higher screen resolution than my Fenix 3 - if the FR945 isn't what I'm hoping it will be, then I'm hoping for some cheap deals on 935 - the tri bundle was going for £389 on black Friday in the UK.
Quote Reply
Re: GPS watches 2+ years old [Vigilante] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vigilante wrote:
GPS devices may be malfunctioning due to GPS week number rollover

https://www.energy.gov/...week-number-rollover

Ahh thanks. So April 6 is the "Y2k" date. So it's not reason for my watch failure
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not necessarily. This has been a time where a lot of updates have been pushed to systems that operate the GPS satellites. That means that your watch might not be invalidating some of the time/distance information because of the new updates that are matching the firmware on your watch.

But if you are ready to give up on your watch, send it to me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 910XT from 2013 is still going strong. Have been using it almost everyday since I bought it.

Crap...i've just jinxed it, right?
Quote Reply
Re: GPS watches 2+ years old [Jz466] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jz466 wrote:
Kenney wrote:
there was a fix by letting soak in soapy water, and if possible wire hare in hole

That fixed my trusty 920 xt!

Worked on my 910 a couple of times amd on tjat of a buddy's.

The hole to the barometer is 'cross drilled' (2 holes , 90 degrees to each other). I used one of those small soft inter-tooth 'tepe' brushes to GENTLY firtle out debris after the soaking.
Seems that the ports just get an accumulation of dried on salts from the water sweat, skin cells etc.
Quote Reply

Prev Next