Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The movie "Us"
Quote | Reply
I just saw it with my kids and their friend. I was so hoping to see them get scared. We ended up laughing and thinking what did we just see? I guess Jordan Peele is known for this type of film, where it's sort of a horror film, sort of I don't know what. It's like M. Night Shyamalan was known for the surprise ending, Jordan Peele is known for this, whatever it was.

I could not recommend this movie.
Quote Reply
Re: The movie "Us" [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought his last movie, Get Out, was odd and over rated.
Quote Reply
Re: The movie "Us" [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:

Agree. I thought the first half was interesting but it seemed to spiral into a cheesy made for TV horror movie.

I won't be paying to see Us.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:

I’m glad I’m not the only one.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: The movie "Us" [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe Peele should've cast a white dude in for the lead.

Jordan Peele on Making Movies After 'Us': "I Don't See Myself Casting a White Dude as the Lead"

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Last edited by: mck414: Mar 27, 19 7:51
Quote Reply
Re: The movie "Us" [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
Perseus wrote:

Agree. I thought the first half was interesting but it seemed to spiral into a cheesy made for TV horror movie.

I won't be paying to see Us.

Add me to that list (regarding Get Out). I got sucked in during the first half, but, was amazed how badly it faltered in the end.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damn lucky wrote:
I just saw it with my kids and their friend. I was so hoping to see them get scared. We ended up laughing and thinking what did we just see? I guess Jordan Peele is known for this type of film, where it's sort of a horror film, sort of I don't know what. It's like M. Night Shyamalan was known for the surprise ending, Jordan Peele is known for this, whatever it was.

I could not recommend this movie.

I loved Get Out - it reminded me of the horror films of the 80s.

US wasn't as good - I didn't like the explanation of the source of the "tethered", it made no sense.

in one interview he said he was influenced by a Twilight Zone episode "Mirror Mirror", where the source of the doplegangers is a parallel universe, I wish he went with that.

not bad/not great - if you haven't seen it, wait for it on HBO/Netflix/Redbox.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:

This must be one of those movies I fell asleep on. I read the synopsis and while I remember the 1st half, I have no memory of the 2nd.

It's that good!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:

Everything the dude has done is over rated, including his Chapelle rip off show on CC.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: The movie "Us" [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Perseus wrote:

Everything the dude has done is over rated, including his Chapelle rip off show on CC.
Did you see Chapelle call them out? He said something like Key and Peele took over his show and no one told him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watched it last week. It's fine, scares enough, few icky moments but a finale twist which you knew was coming from 3mins into the film let it down a touch. Never really becomes super tense and sometimes it felt comedic too far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, glad I didn't see this thread! Just saw it, very fun. Truth be told, I am not a big fan of recent horror flicks, so using the genre to make a comedic quirky film was just fine by me. Similar to "Get Out", A bit closer to "Shaun of the Dead" in humor.
Quote Reply