Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? March 25 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 25 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
It's spring break week! I fly to Salt Lake tomorrow to see my brother, and my dad is flying in on Thursday. Really looking forward to it. Goals are continued healthy coping skills, and swim twice (today done!)
done, on day 13 of only healthy coping skills. Two swims done. Had a good week in SLC. I love my brother and his border collies!

M: 7.38 mi run + 1875 yd swim + lift
T: 6.6 mi run + 1575 yd swim
W: 17.1 mi run
T: 6.5 mi run + lift
F: 8 mi run + hike (at least a mile... put the garmin on the dog and she did 2.68 miles, but she runs all over the place)
S: 7.56 mi run intervals
S: 6.5 mi run easy, some up/down stair repeats carrying my suitcase in my arms at the airport because I was bored, and also free weight-bearing activity!

59.64 mi run, 3450 yd swim

goals for this week: outdoor long run, another outdoor run, swim 5x, bike 2x

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad you had a good spring break Dr TC; siblings are the best (except for when they're the worst). Dogs are *always* the best.

My goals for last week were: 4 x swim/bike/run and 2 x strength. I got all of it done but there was some schedule shuffling because a long callout on Friday left me very tired and totally unmotivated to do a brick. My win for the week was setting a mile PR. This was followed almost immediately by a very low low when I accidentally closed the garage door on my car. Yeowch.

More of the same this week; one swim is already in the books.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started, Dr. Tigerchik -- glad you had a nice time in SLC.

I swam and biked four times, ran three times, and did a yoga class that wasn't very good. I'm traveling (again) this week and have 4 swims, 3 bikes, and FIVE RUNS(!) - the mileage isn't high but I haven't run 5 times in a week in 15+ years and I'm a mix of thrilled and terrified.

Have a great week of training y'all.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Monday Ladies! I hope you all had a great weekend.

Dr TC- Yay SLC! Yay healthy coping! Yay awesome run mileage!

SoCal- YAY RUNS! I love when I get on a run tear like that, it makes me feel somewhat invincible. Nice work!

Sher- OMG NO, your poor car (and you). Are you okay? I'm so sorry. My FIL once did that to his SUV...it was three days old. And the tailgate was also up when he did it, because he's a moron.

Last week's goal was to face the monster. I brought everything in my arsenal- my bike, my coach and her awesome plan for me, my running buddies, and girl scout cookies. I skidded across the floor a couple of times when it threw me hard. Like Sunday, when I could NOT for the life of me get my ass out of bed at 5am to get my long ride in (we had to leave the house at noon to go to a party, and I had 85+ miles...). So I pushed it to today, thinking "good job, me!" at 5:30am yesterday. Well, 6am on the trainer me this morning realized that now I have 200 miles of riding in 7 days. Whoopsie.

This week's goal: SLAY THE MONSTER
M- 86 mile ride (NAILED IT HOLY SHIT YES I DID sorry I'm a bit giddy about this)
Tu- swim prehab/core, 3200yd swim
W- TWENTY FREAKING MILE RUN
Th- 3500yd swim
F- prehab, 60min Zwift and 30min run brick
Sa- 8mi run and conditioning
Su- ONE HUNDRED FREAKING MILE RIDE, 20min run brick, and swim clinic

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 25 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Glad you had a good spring break Dr TC; siblings are the best (except for when they're the worst). Dogs are *always* the best.

both of those statements are very true

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 25 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yay for 5 runs!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
My win for the week was setting a mile PR.

Awesome!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
My win for the week was setting a mile PR.

Way to go! And yeah, dogs are *always* the best.

Dr_Cupcake, it's a funny balance for me -- I used to do 9-12 runs a week and then 0 for almost a decade so 5 feels huge for me!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike 7.7 miles
Walk/jog (actually measured) 3.0 miles (hit over 8K steps daily but only measured "training" walk/jogs)
Weights/Pilates/yoga 6:52
Total 8 hours (very happy with this)

My trainer was in town over the weekend for a wedding so he came early and I got to spend most of Friday with him, including a gym workout. I'm now totally re-energized to train and I'm thinking of going to Austin (where he lives now) for a tri in late August.

This week I'm in San Diego for work Mon-Thur. so it will be lots of walking and gym. I looked at Pilates classes (they have the same studio I go to) and they are all FULL a week in advance!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi folks,

I'm crazy short on time this week, so I'll say a brief: hellz yeah, I'm so inspired by all of your efforts to care for yourselves and commit to a crazy sport like this. I'm sorry to those of you facing adversity.

Last week was a travel and recovery week. I ran a lot, which is good. I'm starting to feel confident with the running. also did some weights. I swam once before leaving town, but had no access to a lap pool for the rest of the week. I gave my butt a rest too.

The good news: I got my first ever fancy, not-off-Craigs-list bike and I get to start riding it now that I'm home! Weeeee! It's a carbon Cannondale Synapse. I hear that's a good endurance road bike for a newb.

This week might be mostly a dud for me, unfortunately. I have a hard deadline for a big project on Friday and then another deadline on Monday. Major work-related drama too, and a visiting scholar (and great mentor of mine) in at the end of the week. I really want to keep up the running, that's my focus. So I'll say:

M: Running (did a short session)
T: Swim if time (not looking good)
W: Running + strength
Th: bike
F: Plans to bike w/ scholar-mentor (she's awesome)
S: Running + strength
Su: Ideally rest. Realistically, makeup day.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 25 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
because he's a moron.

That's pretty much how I feel about myself at the moment! The lady at the dealership could not stop laughing when I rang to ask for an appointment to get the repairs done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
because he's a moron.

That's pretty much how I feel about myself at the moment! The lady at the dealership could not stop laughing when I rang to ask for an appointment to get the repairs done.

At least you provided some comic relief??

That really sucks - hopefully the fix is quick and painless. We have sensors on either side of the garage door, so the door won't come down if something blocks the path. We got it as a safety feature for the dog/kids, but it might be worth considering.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 25 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh we have sensors. It was the perfect storm of car was in the wrong place and the door was in the wrong place and I couldn’t see any of it happening until *CRUNCH TINKLE TINKLE*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello! I haven't been around much these past few weeks but I have checked in on your adventures. I had a wonderful trip to Buenos Aires where I consumed my weight in steak and malbec, walked everywhere, and even ran twice. Unfortunately all vacations must end and for the past couple of weeks I've been re-establishing a schedule and trying to get motivated. I spent a good part of this morning looking up goal races for the summer. My hamstring has been bothering me worse and worse so I went back to my orthopedist last week; the good news is he doesn't think it's a tear or anything serious, but I do need to get back to PT. I have also reached out to a running coach about working on my form, which has always been atrocious. I am hoping this hamstring issue is only a minor, temporary setback and I can hit the ground running (ba-dum tiss) again soon now that the weather is getting nicer.

Workouts the past couple of weeks have been pretty good. I've been doing some solid trainer rides and weight lifting, and even made it to the pool once for some easy splashing around. I also dusted off my old boxing bag for a couple quick boxing workouts, mostly as a warmup for weights or PT homework, and that always makes me feel like a badass. =) Didn't we all go through a cardio kickbox phase in the early '00s? =)

Dr. TC, my husband and I joke about putting one Garmin on us and another on our crazy lab mix just to compare routes... hers would be all over the place as she literally runs circles around us as we walk. So funny you did that.
Scheherazade, awesome on the mile PR! Sorry about your car, hopefully the damage isn't too bad.
SoCalTricurious, hope you're having amazing runs! While traveling, too -- I'm impressed.
Dr. C, awesome training, wowee! Great job!
Ironclm, was this the trainer that you were so sad to see move away? How fun that he came back to work out with you. Maybe you can get on a wait list for Pilates?
GiantNewb, awesome on the new bike! Hopefully you get to go out and enjoy it soon.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 25 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Midtown Miles wrote:
I also dusted off my old boxing bag for a couple quick boxing workouts, mostly as a warmup for weights or PT homework, and that always makes me feel like a badass. =) Didn't we all go through a cardio kickbox phase in the early '00s? =)

I went through a "real" boxing/kickboxing phase (picture head gear and full on sparring). It was glorious and I loved it. We just got a heavy bag in our little basement gym at work - I might have to find my wraps and a cheap pair of bag gloves...
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 25 Edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oooh congrats on the bike!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 25 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now, that is actually badass! =)

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 25 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Ironclm, was this the trainer that you were so sad to see move away? How fun that he came back to work out with you. Maybe you can get on a wait list for Pilates?

Yes, the same guy!

Steak and Malbec - YUM!!!!!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply