Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Seeking recommendations: sports gear with good (large?) pockets
Quote | Reply
It is more of a general training gear question than strictly tri gear question, but I hope you do not mind asking. I have noticed that the pockets on sports gear are getting smaller and smaller , a lot of items have no pockets or a tiny pocket for sth like a single key. Also, previously I have had bike jerseys where the middle pocked on the back has been with zipper but zippers seem to be out of fashion as well (I am hesitant to carry my car keys in a pocked without zipper, we have once searched with a big group of people for many hours in a roadside ditch to find friends car keys after she fall). While training, I like to take my mobile phone for safety, but most of the clothing does not have pockets that would fit even the smallest phone. Normally I also have some cash, a few paper tissues, keys, etc.

So my question is if there are any brands around that are known for good pockets? I am looking for bike shorts, regular tights, jerseys, jackets, anything. I will travel to US in autumn and could look around there. My home country (Estonia) has such a limited selection of everything.

For me actually an ideal example of the pockets is Fjällräven hiking tights (https://www.fjallraven.us/...?variant=31763742800) that have loads of pockets but these are placed so that there is nothing hopping around.
Quote Reply
Re: Seeking recommendations: sports gear with good (large?) pockets [Kivisisalik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m slowly transitioning all my running shorts/tights to Oiselle long pocket joggers/tights - they have big pockets and I find them very comfortable. Check out their website as they have lots of other bottoms that fit phones too.

As for bike gear, lots of brands do zipped pockets: L’etape (from NL), dhb (from UK) and WYN republic (US) are a few of what I have in my closet.
Quote Reply
Re: Seeking recommendations: sports gear with good (large?) pockets [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
I’m slowly transitioning all my running shorts/tights to Oiselle long pocket joggers/tights - they have big pockets and I find them very comfortable. Check out their website as they have lots of other bottoms that fit phones too.

Thanks for the suggestion, I have never heard about this brand but the first look is impressive - pocket tights, and even a bra with a phone pocket!
Quote Reply
Re: Seeking recommendations: sports gear with good (large?) pockets [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting; it’s beyond annoying that in the real world of training that most women’s fitness gear has no place to carry keys and a phone.

I will check them out; the shorts look especially interesting!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Seeking recommendations: sports gear with good (large?) pockets [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sally - I really like the brand. I live in their dresses all summer (machine washable, quick-drying, non-iron AND pockets!). I also like that they have longer inseam options on their shorts - 4 or 5 inch inseams just don't work for my body.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
Sally - I really like the brand. I live in their dresses all summer (machine washable, quick-drying, non-iron AND pockets!). I also like that they have longer inseam options on their shorts - 4 or 5 inch inseams just don't work for my body.

X2 for that-my disco, mini-skirt days are behind me 😉

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Seeking recommendations: sports gear with good (large?) pockets [Kivisisalik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Icebreaker!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply