Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
2019 Cervelo P3X
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Cervelo P3X [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look good, but can we get another color instead of black ? Wink Too much black ...

More seriously, can one mount an aftermarket handlebar on this bike?

How about for the P5-disc (mounting an aftermarket bar) with those partner companies?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Cervelo P3X [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think there is any current bar that fits the Cervelo 'seatpost' style. I would say that there might be options from the regular components firms in year or so. They would have to make a complete replica of how the bar mounts at the stem since that is one piece.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a blue & yellow one too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and if you don't mind, good sir: slowtwitch

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not what I was expecting honestly. Was expecting a P3 Disc non beam bike.

$10k or $8k. Doesn't really seem to be targeting the existing P3 owner crowd.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
More seriously, can one mount an aftermarket handlebar on this bike?

How about for the P5-disc (mounting an aftermarket bar) with those partner companies?

I wass in the Press Meet in Scottsdale 2 weeks ago.

Short answer: No.
Long answer (as Tririg Alpha One “in love”user): no need to use an aftermarket in this handlebar as offers more or less the same possibilities than Alpha One; monopost, tilt, 22.2 bars, great adjustments, light, comfortable...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gosh those are nice!! Still expensive but not ridiculously so.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Cervelo P3X [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed

Ultegra di2 + 32mm alu wheels (training wheels) :

P5 Disk : 7500€
P3X : 8000€

So, it is more expensive than P5 Disk with similar group/wheels.
"Slightly" more expensive frame, i.e.

then, moving up :

P3X Ultegra di2 with race wheels : 10k€
vs
P5 Disk Dura-Ace with race wheels : 12k€
vs
P5X 12k€ or 16k€

There is some room for a P3 Disk (similar to P5 Disk) at 4k€/6k€, but I guess Cervelo (and Canyon, and Trek, ...) are waiting for the market to really accept the disk brakes, and also probably to have more disk brakes wheels available at good prices.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice. I would like to see a Dura Ace Di2 configured P3X, as well. Seems strange to not offer a top end groupset on a bike at this price point.

When they issued the first P5X, I wasn't too keen on how it looked, but after several years, and many disc bike launches, 'the look' this time around looks better. Possibly, due to it looking more like a typical bike, than the original P5X, and now used to disc brakes being on every major new model.
Last edited by: wetswimmer99: Mar 21, 19 10:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was thinking the same thing!
I was hoping for current P3 with disk around 6500 USD
So I will pass but great bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's hot. I'm kind of jealous now.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Cervelo P3X [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P3x looks better in every way. Why is it slower than a P5x though? Is it the smaller stealthbox?

Unfortunately sounds like the P3x is no longer made in the USA like the P5x.

I'm also curious about statements such as "If you remake the P5 so that it can haul all your stuff it’s slower than creating a new frame platform built for the purpose." With a proper setup that includes a BTS flat-kit, top-tube nutrition, and BTA hydration is the P5 really still slower? I remember the white paper that had gels taped to the top tube, which isn't representative of most setups.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe there’s going to be a P2x variant and the P3/P2 disc can’t be far away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to wait for the P2X. Hope it comes in yellow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks sweet but needs more colors. If they make a coral one my wife will make me buy her one! On second thoughts they need to keep them all black...…………..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i think this is a great bike and a great move for cervelo.

that said, it makes me sad that this bike isnt being produced by HED with HED wheels. i really liked that "american made" aspect of the bike. from a financial standpoint its understandable though.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Cervelo P3X [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
With a proper setup that includes a BTS flat-I remember the white paper that had gels taped to the top tube, which isn't representative of most setups.
Except it is. Maybe not the 0.05% of triathletes at the very pointy end. But as cervelo’s research has shown most long course athletes load up their bikes with gels on top tubes etc.

We had this very same argument where people kept saying “that’s not how I set up my bike” and they were right. But ST users forget that there are many many more triathletes in the world, most haven’t even heard of ST and they mostly set to their bikes differently to you.

Hell, I’m on ST and I set up my bike like that!! And I’m more like the majority than most of the people on here.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Cervelo P3X [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

Great review! Near the end of your P3x write up is this: "As noted in my accompanying article on the handlebars for both Cervelo’s new bikes..."

I don't see this on the main page or under the product tri bike or handlebar pages. Is it buried somewhere else or still a work in progress?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well the re-sale value of the P5X just did a bitcoin. Because this is really P5X rev 2.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Cervelo P3X [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm actually taking delivery of a new P5X tonight so the timing for me is horrible lol. I wonder if I can get a discount now :)

At first I was a bit miffed that my LBS never mentioned anything about this or the P5D to me when I placed my order... after looking at it in more detail though the P5X is still the best option of the bunch FOR ME. The P5D doesn't appeal to me at all and if I bought the P3X I'd have to immediately replace the components, upgrade the wheels and purchase a new bike box so in the end it'd probably cost me more... plus I'm partial to the made in USA aspect of the P5X and the Enve wheel/bars and the modular base bar so I'm OK... for now!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a really good looking bike, personally I like the blue/yellow combo, but that price point... yeeesh. And that's coming from a guy who's fortunate enough to shrug off a purchase like that. I really thought they'd target the $4,500-$5,500 price point with this bike.

IMO there's a huge market opportunity for someone to make something like the old Trek Speed Concept 2.5 and sell it for ~$1,200 with HED Jet-style faired aluminum wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Cervelo P3X [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the p3x riser bar fit the p5x? I.e. is the monopost the same?
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Cervelo P3X [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SummitAK wrote:
Slowman wrote:

Great review! Near the end of your P3x write up is this: "As noted in my accompanying article on the handlebars for both Cervelo’s new bikes..."

I don't see this on the main page or under the product tri bike or handlebar pages. Is it buried somewhere else or still a work in progress?

it's there now.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Cervelo P3X [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Well the re-sale value of the P5X just did a bitcoin. Because this is really P5X rev 2.

Agreed, lighter, only marginally slower (17 grams) cheaper (extremely relative).

One important and mostly unnoticed thing is removable d-hanger.

Geo looks the same.

Maurice
Quote Reply

Prev Next