Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo Bolt Not Picking Up Cadence from Tacx Neo
Quote | Reply
Hey Slowtwitchers - I'm trying out a Whoo Bolt, one problem I am having is that it is not picking up cadence from my Tacx Neo, though it picks the power up just fine. It picks power and cadence from my Power2Max, and my Garmin Edge picks up cadence and power from the Tacx Neo. Any ideas to try?

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Bolt Not Picking Up Cadence from Tacx Neo [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can’t answer your question but do have a question for you. Why would you want it to? I ride a Neo but simply run everything through the TR app on my iPhone. Seems to work perfectly. Am I missing something?
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Bolt Not Picking Up Cadence from Tacx Neo [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
I can’t answer your question but do have a question for you. Why would you want it to? I ride a Neo but simply run everything through the TR app on my iPhone. Seems to work perfectly. Am I missing something?

I don't care to use my iphone as my bike computer, so I guess that is the difference. And I want to know what my cadence is, so I'd like the bike computer to tell me what it is. My Garmin read it without any special setup. I also couldn't figure out how to get the Wahoo to not control the resistance on the unit, which I did not want. Maybe I just won't use it when I am using my Neo and/or will just put it up on the classifieds.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Disclaimer: I do not have a Taxc Neo...I have the Elite Direto. I have no problem with the Wahoo Bolt picking up my cadence at all. Have you contacted Wahoo? I have found them to really helpful with the Bolt and the TickrX. Basically if you pedal on the Tacx and have the app open would guess it should pick up the Neo for cadence a well as power.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not exactly the same combination, but my wife was getting really unreliable cadence from her Tacx Neo 2 in Zwift, so we ended up simply buying a wahoo cadence sensor for the crank arm and now all good. Would rather have had cadence direct from the Neo (for no additional cost) but saw a bunch of others on the tacx forum with cadence issues and checking if they had latest firmware and/or opening a tacx support ticket. (Someone on Tacx forum suggested the wahoo cadence unit as a way to circumvent any Neo cadence issues.) Hope you get it sorted.
Last edited by: ols: Mar 18, 19 6:44
Quote Reply