Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Sjurk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last august I asked you guys if a Stages 165mm would fit an M-frame, finally managed to pick one up and it sure fits:

Thanks again :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

Recently had a new bike fit and Speedconcept XL was one of the options.

Pad Stack: 700
Pad Reach: 478

I know there used to be an table (was it an excel file?) to check which stem you would need but can't seem to find it.
Anyone still has this?

I'm actually in doubt between 2 bikes:
Felt IA10 Di2 @ 4750€
Trek SC @ 3600€ (standard black version) I could make this a Project One and add bullhorn basebar & storage packs with a 20% reduction.

I'd say the SC is a better deal but would like to hear opinions :)

Thanks!
Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Chelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SpeedConcept is by far the better bike and I know you can google the fit chart and it will come up but it was hard to find the last time I looked for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Its in the 2014 fitguide final pdf if you can find it online.
Last edited by: philg: Mar 16, 19 14:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chelle wrote:
Hi All,

Recently had a new bike fit and Speedconcept XL was one of the options.

Pad Stack: 700
Pad Reach: 478

I know there used to be an table (was it an excel file?) to check which stem you would need but can't seem to find it.
Anyone still has this?

I'm actually in doubt between 2 bikes:
Felt IA10 Di2 @ 4750€
Trek SC @ 3600€ (standard black version) I could make this a Project One and add bullhorn basebar & storage packs with a 20% reduction.

I'd say the SC is a better deal but would like to hear opinions :)

Thanks!
Mike

You'll be well suited with a Med-Near stem with a 45mm mono. That will leave you with 5mm to play going up or down for your stack since it's at 700 right now.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the input Mitch!
I actualy started a separate thread on this like 5sec before you replied to this one: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6888873#p6888873
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chelle wrote:
Thanks for the input Mitch!
I actualy started a separate thread on this like 5sec before you replied to this one: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6888873#p6888873

No problem! I dropped my feedback for you there too with further explanation. Hope that helps!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi

I don't know if this is off topic?

I am looking for parts for a SC9 Gen 1 and it's hard to find parts for those old models in the shops.

If anybody have a Bontrager Speed Concept Gen 1 Race X Lite Stem 10/100mm. (Low/Far) or a
Bontrager Speed Concept Gen 1 Front Break Cover White Size L. They don't use anymore I will be a happy buyer

Claus.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know I asked this once before and for some reason I can't find the answer that was already posted in this thread.

For my new speed concept to run a Shimano crank what bottom bracket do I need?

Does anyone have a recommendation on a specific brand as well.

Ty
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A shimano crank will fit with the stock BB with no adapters or anything. The stock bearings are 24mm. If you don't have the bearings then look for BB90 24mm bearings made by whoever - Trek, CeramicSpeed, etc. everyone makes them.

Fishbum wrote:
I know I asked this once before and for some reason I can't find the answer that was already posted in this thread.
For my new speed concept to run a Shimano crank what bottom bracket do I need?

Does anyone have a recommendation on a specific brand as well.

Ty

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ty. No I strictly bought a frame so none of that came with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'll need a BB press to get those bearings in. If you don't have one your LBS will be your best bet.

Fishbum wrote:
Ty. No I strictly bought a frame so none of that came with it.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a cyclist competing in UCI events and we were told this year that monobar extensions are no longer legal on the 3:1 rule. I have read that the fix is to buy a monobar "plugin" bar and add extensions (I was thinking 51 speedshop). Can you confirm that this is the fix? I know there must be one since Trek Segafredo is still riding SC's in world tour events. Thanks!

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all, thought I'd get involved in this thread. I've had my SC for about 2 years now and loving it.

I've got my first trip abroad with it soon, and wondering if anyone has any experience packing a new gen SC into a Bike Box Alan? Good, bad or the ugly. Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Jordano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jordano wrote:
I am a cyclist competing in UCI events and we were told this year that monobar extensions are no longer legal on the 3:1 rule. I have read that the fix is to buy a monobar "plugin" bar and add extensions (I was thinking 51 speedshop). Can you confirm that this is the fix? I know there must be one since Trek Segafredo is still riding SC's in world tour events. Thanks!

That is the correct fix to fit within UCI regulation!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
Jordano wrote:

That is the correct fix to fit within UCI regulation!

Cheers to you and the usual middle finger to those jackasses in Switzerland.

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Jordano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a recommendation for a good bike rack for the SC. I don't like the way my old one straps the bike down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Anyone have a recommendation for a good bike rack for the SC. I don't like the way my old one straps the bike down.

Which rack are you using now? I can give you some personal recommendations from the multiple ones I've used and owned.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi @mitch, glad you can join the ST family and answer questions! Thanks :)

This subject probably came up in the past, but I have a gen 2 Trek SC and think it might be time to switch out old bolts. Do you or any dealers sell replacement bolts? Would they come in a pack? Example, all front end bolts for the handlebars.

Thanks - Joe
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tri@thlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri@thlete wrote:
Hi @mitch, glad you can join the ST family and answer questions! Thanks :)

This subject probably came up in the past, but I have a gen 2 Trek SC and think it might be time to switch out old bolts. Do you or any dealers sell replacement bolts? Would they come in a pack? Example, all front end bolts for the handlebars.

Thanks - Joe

Hey Joe, the front end bolt kit is part number 437027 from your local Trek dealer!

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [trisam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I do.

Tip no 1 is remove the rear deraileur.

The base bars and extensions are the most awkward bit to make fit into the box.
Also to refit the base bars can be tricky as they can be refit further out than previous etc.

Will fit with speed fin but I've a small. May need to remove if larger frame.

Note bars and extensions awkward as I've old di2 and the connections don't seem to be near. It may be easier if you can disconnect yours or if mechanical then same problem as me.

Rear brake has a habit of sticking sometimes also. Often refit bike to see I can't get rear wheel in.

Some of the screws on bars and rear hangar are delicate so take care.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

Which rack are you using now? I can give you some personal recommendations from the multiple ones I've used and owned.

Older Yakima that has three straps. I have to really wrench it down to hold the bikes. Not wanting to put the new SC on there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Yakima Holdup that has an arm over the front tire. Works fine holding the bike behind our minivan. When I have it behind my Civic though it seems to be a lot of stress on that single arm over the front wheel. It has never failed or anything like that. Just gets a little unnerving sometimes, can see the bike leaning a bit or bouncing in the wind.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have question to Bontrager Mono Bar Plug in owners. I'm trying to have praying mantis extensions position.
Just recently purchased mono bar, and the problem is that clamps don't hold my extensions very well, it is still can move left and right. The clamps sign shows that torque should be 7nm, i used even 8nm , it is still can move. Does any one have similar issue? Should i try to use more torque?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put some electrical tape around the bars to make them a little thicker. It did the trick for me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next