Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thumbs up or down to posts
Quote | Reply
Would it be possible to add the ability to support or give a negative review to posts and responses? These would then provide reviews for active members?

There are a few knowledgeable people that I enjoy reading. Perhaps a review score would keep people from posting some of the things that get tossed around. Prob been brought up before.

Just know I enjoyed this forum 7 years ago when I came here to learn...and avoided a few people. Now it’s hard to find good info.
Quote Reply
Re: Thumbs up or down to posts [applenutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think dan said that there might be something along those lines coming up.

I’m not quite sure how I feel about up and down voting. On the one hand it could be useful for separating the wheat from the chaff, but on the other hand I enjoy reading the wacky theories that people have, they’re quite entertaining in their own way.

I wouldn’t want this place to become any more clinical and serious, there’s enough of that here now. I’m afraid that downvoting would chase away those folks who have the more fringe ideas, crazy as they are they do make you think about why the “better” ideas are, in fact better (or maybe they aren’t). Hell, I’m pretty sure I’ve said lots of dumb things here over the years, and my fragile ego can’t take too much criticism.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Thumbs up or down to posts [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thumbs up! Lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't want it to affect placement of threads on the board. That should stay chronological by last post.

But, just being able to give a like or +1 or whatever to a single post in a thread and see the accumulated totals on a post, and by author is all I'm interested in.

I'm not a fan of up/down voting... No matter what milesthedog thinks.
Quote Reply
Re: Thumbs up or down to posts [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think one of the other potential pitfalls is that if a post has a bunch of up or down votes on it, it can cause the reader to subconsciously form an opinion on the subject of the post before they’ve even read it. We don’t need sheeple.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Thumbs up or down to posts [applenutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would only lead to thread-doping = OPs adding ups to keep a thread near the top, even if it wasn't worthy

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Thumbs up or down to posts [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
That would only lead to thread-doping = OPs adding ups to keep a thread near the top, even if it wasn't worthy

applenutt - double double letters. Just sayin’

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
RandMart wrote:

applenutt - double double letters. Just sayin’

Clearly THAT is going to by my ST Legacy; discovering the Double Letter Cheater Identification Protocol

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=5755921#p5755921

OR ... Delaware Street Nap

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6714522#p6714522

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply