Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cold weather Sprint
Quote | Reply
Have a sprint on Sunday. Indoor pool swim 10mi bike 5K. I hate the cold and my extremities go numb very quickly. Last time I rode in the cold I couldn't remove my helmet. I am looking to compete, so I dont have too much time in transition. I plan on taping events in helmet, wearing gloves, toe covers. I have toe and hand warmers that I may put in gloves or shoes if they fit. I will be wearing my one piece tri suit. Any other suggestions or tips?
Quote Reply
Re: Cold weather Sprint [Kmck27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How cold?
Quote Reply
Re: Cold weather Sprint [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
40 degrees
Quote Reply
Re: Cold weather Sprint [Kmck27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kmck27 wrote:
40 degrees

That's cold.

I did a sprint last October in that same weather. The run was the worst of it. Ankles were stiff and feet were numb. I couldn't feel them for the entire run. Felt like I was running on stumps.

Afterwards I asked for tips... The main reco I got was to find an old neoprene speed suit. Too late for your race... And I haven't found one in the last 6 months.

I'd consider wearing socks or something to keep my calves and ankles a little warmer. Anything to stave off the numbness.

My hands didn't bother me... I didn't even wear gloves.

Glasses on the bike were a pain. They fogged up big time for the first lap of the bike. It was impossible to see. I'd consider going without if you don't have corrective lenses.
Quote Reply