Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There aren’t many socks available that match our kit. Or maybe they don’t become available til level 48.....

Cheers,

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [thechromedome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trying the zwift trial, can anyone explain why I'm getting my taxc flux as a cadence source and a power source but not as "controllable". It doesn't seem like the resistance changes at all, I'm just spinning around at 200w and my character experience speed difference.
I don't have a ant+ USB dongle
Taxc Flux - Quarq Riken (not being call upon) - android phone (does BL & ant+) - companion app from the phone - old macbook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope I can ask a technical question here. I'd like to dig into my Zwift experiences of late.

1. I have a controllable trainer, it's paired, ERG mode is not on by default. If I log in to "ride" I can turn it on under the workout menu but it doesn't seem to remain on once I "join event", ie ST's ride tonight or any of the other 2 group workouts I frequent. I'm unable to turn it on either, via the companion ap. What I see there is a greyed out "pause" button that doesn't let me select it.

Prior to Zwift moving to the choose-your-world format, I was logging in, free riding to warm up my tire/trainer, doing in-game calibration using the pairing screen, and then joining the workout event with ERG mode automatically engaged. It worked swell. One day I was dragging and hit the pause button on the companion ap to stop ERG mode; it has not worked since then.

- Anyone know how I can get ERG mode to work again?

2. About the choose-your-world business. Is everyone else experiencing real clunkiness now, if they have earlier signed up for a group ride/workout event? As mentioned above, I like to free ride to warm up my parts for the spindown, partly because I like to accumulate more points in order to level up, and partly because it sometimes takes a long time to get Zwift going since it waits until you hit "Let's Go" to actually apply an update, ergo best to not leave launch til 5 min before event start. However if I'm within about 25 minutes of the group event starting, it's kinda difficult to get Zwift to do what I want vs it wanting to put me into the pen. Is this going to get smoother?

- Anyone know how long ahead of a group event I can easily log in to free ride before experiencing the "event is starting!" take-over?

Details, if it matters: Game via PC, Companion Ap via Android, Controllable trainer is Wahoo Snap V1, no other blue tooth connections to the Snap. Thanks!

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couple of things:

I’m in the “accelerated” phase of leveling given the many months since I reached 25. Unless I am mistaken, you level up faster in “just ride” mode, than in a structured session. Curious if you or other have noticed.

Also, bummer you’ve now scrambling w/kg of others when they are close enough, although I understand why :)

Finally liking Zwift running. Only issue is that it’s on my phone and I run with contacts and no reading glasses (sigh) and I can’t see a damn thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [mmiloou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mmiloou wrote:
Trying the zwift trial, can anyone explain why I'm getting my taxc flux as a cadence source and a power source but not as "controllable". It doesn't seem like the resistance changes at all, I'm just spinning around at 200w and my character experience speed difference.
I don't have a ant+ USB dongle
Taxc Flux - Quarq Riken (not being call upon) - android phone (does BL & ant+) - companion app from the phone - old macbook
Your old macbook probably doesn't have bluetooth smart 4.0. You need to pair the tacx flux to your bluetooth phone via the companion app and use the companion app to bridge to the computer https://support.zwift.com/...e-cycling--S1xnpAdrX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been Zwifting lately on my road bike with just a Wahoo Speed and Cadence sensor. I've inputted my trainer type and wheel size. It works, but the estimated power is way too high. (I've used it before with another bike that has a power meter.) The estimated power is so high I've stopped using it out of guilt. It just doesn't feel right to effortlessly lay down 300 watts and speed past others. (I'm just glad Marathon Investigations hasn't turned its attention to Zwifters.)

Is there a way to re-calibrate estimated power?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [Celerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What trainer? Are you sure you selected the correct one for virtual power? I assume it’s a wheel on trainer, how tight are you turning the knob? Are you checking air pressure in the rear tire regularly? Virtual power can work just fine for training and riding on Zwift, but you need to make sure you get the right conditions for bike and trainer setup the same each ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, do you know if I can use the Zwift Runpod with my 920xt outside? I don't currently have an active subscription to Zwift.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RCCo wrote:
Is it possible to solve the 4 second delay?

So, I have a KICKR Snap running ANT+ to my reasonably quick laptop which is connected to my network over copper and I have a 50 Mbps internet circuit.

Whatever i do with my legs takes my avatar about 4 seconds to react to. None of the in-game settings make any difference. This makes drafting a bit hit and miss and you lose some spontaneity in making moves.

Is this just my system, or is this a constraint of the game and there is no way around it?

This reply is a couple weeks late, because apparently I don't read the sticky threads often enough.

My tri bike has a quarq and my road bike has a P2M. Both are ant+ only. I've ridden both in Zwift regularly using the same non-smart fluid trainer and PC for the past few years. The quarq reacts in Zwift instantly. The P2M has about a 2 or 3 second delay. That tells me it's device specific and not an ant+ related issue. The delay makes reacting to surges on the road bike (P2M) in race more challenging. After a while, I realized that I need to push more watts just prior to any incline...to guard against the innevitable surge.

Similarly, I tend to ride off the front of the group more with the P2M. This is especially true if I am working to get to the front of a pack. I shut the power down as I approach the leader, but my little guy keeps pushing for a few more seconds. The next thing I know, I'm off the front hitting the wind. Then the lack of draft and reduced watts kick in and and I float to the back again, having to surge for a few seconds to avoid getting dropped. I've somewhat gotten used to the delay now and with a little concentration can usually stay in the pack.

Although, it's much easier to keep the surges to a minimum with the instantaneous response of the quarq.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On a group ride with a set watt range and a leader with a beacon, does anyone feel it's easier to stay in the 0-40 meters ahead of the beacon rather than behind?
If I'm ahead of the beacon/leader, it seems much easier to stay with the pace. If I'm behind the ride leader, it seems so easy to get spit out the back or I have to ride above the pace.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [MarioTB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MarioTB wrote:
Hi, do you know if I can use the Zwift Runpod with my 920xt outside? I don't currently have an active subscription to Zwift.

Nope. The 920XT does not support Bluetooth sensors.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damn lucky wrote:
On a group ride with a set watt range and a leader with a beacon, does anyone feel it's easier to stay in the 0-40 meters ahead of the beacon rather than behind?
If I'm ahead of the beacon/leader, it seems much easier to stay with the pace. If I'm behind the ride leader, it seems so easy to get spit out the back or I have to ride above the pace.

I think that may just be from the "surge" effect. No one want's to be spit off the back so they seem to always push to be ahead of the beacon....hence the surge....especially if the beacon rides toward the front. I notice that when the beaconed rider goes toward the front of a group, there is an immediate surge and increase in watts. That is just my observation though.....
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [FFigawi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Time to ditch it then. Would the 935 do it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Add more run events. 6.2k and up.

I try to get into zwift running but they have such limited events. High majority end at 8pm. Not sure why. Typically I do not enter my workout room until 9pm. Without events, I'd rather watch a movie. Even if the events were one or two people, I don't care. It keeps me on the treadmill.

The running social media groups all tried Zwift hoping for structured training group runs. They've all abandoned Zwift.

If Zwift started charging for the run feature it would die a quick death. Right now I wouldn't pay $.01 a month. lol.

So please, add some run events.

Quote | Reply
I have over 1 million drops on Zwift. I am at level 14. I go into my garage and can not get into the Drop Shop. Why not?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [Ktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nevermind. I guess you can't get into it from the user customization page. You have to pause/end ride to get in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone else seen this?
I have only done a few rides in workout mode but every time I notice what seems to be the terrain changes "leaking" into the workout. By that I mean on a downhill I will have to shift to a bigger (harder) gear to keep the watts up and sometimes I get the opposite effect on climbs but to a lesser extent. This does not happen consistently but seems to happen more toward the end of the workout. I was under the impression that the workout mode controlled the trainer and disregarded grade changes.

rich
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [rrutis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can we get a Cornish flag?
We have Irish, Welsh, Scottish, English but no Cornish even though Cornwall is its own distinct part of the UK.

It's a simple white cross on a black background.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [rrutis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrutis wrote:
Has anyone else seen this?
I have only done a few rides in workout mode but every time I notice what seems to be the terrain changes "leaking" into the workout. By that I mean on a downhill I will have to shift to a bigger (harder) gear to keep the watts up and sometimes I get the opposite effect on climbs but to a lesser extent. This does not happen consistently but seems to happen more toward the end of the workout. I was under the impression that the workout mode controlled the trainer and disregarded grade changes.

rich

What trainer are you using? I thought I was going mad, but I think I get this on my NEO. I put it down to the motor on the neo powering the downhill.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [Signal8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Signal8 wrote:
RCCo wrote:
Is it possible to solve the 4 second delay?

So, I have a KICKR Snap running ANT+ to my reasonably quick laptop which is connected to my network over copper and I have a 50 Mbps internet circuit.

Whatever i do with my legs takes my avatar about 4 seconds to react to. None of the in-game settings make any difference. This makes drafting a bit hit and miss and you lose some spontaneity in making moves.

Is this just my system, or is this a constraint of the game and there is no way around it?

This reply is a couple weeks late, because apparently I don't read the sticky threads often enough.

My tri bike has a quarq and my road bike has a P2M. Both are ant+ only. I've ridden both in Zwift regularly using the same non-smart fluid trainer and PC for the past few years. The quarq reacts in Zwift instantly. The P2M has about a 2 or 3 second delay. That tells me it's device specific and not an ant+ related issue. The delay makes reacting to surges on the road bike (P2M) in race more challenging. After a while, I realized that I need to push more watts just prior to any incline...to guard against the innevitable surge.

Similarly, I tend to ride off the front of the group more with the P2M. This is especially true if I am working to get to the front of a pack. I shut the power down as I approach the leader, but my little guy keeps pushing for a few more seconds. The next thing I know, I'm off the front hitting the wind. Then the lack of draft and reduced watts kick in and and I float to the back again, having to surge for a few seconds to avoid getting dropped. I've somewhat gotten used to the delay now and with a little concentration can usually stay in the pack.

Although, it's much easier to keep the surges to a minimum with the instantaneous response of the quarq.

update on this:

i bought a Bluetooth dongle and peer through my phone now. This has solved the problem. My avatar now responds instantly. Cadence still takes 3 or 4 seconds because that is still Ant+, but that's no problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm using a CycleOps Magnus trainer so no motor on the downhills.

If you're seeing this too though, that means they're letting the terrain changes bleed through into workout mode, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman, since you said "ask me anything"...

I have a 4th gen apple tv with the zwift app, an iphone 8 with Zwift companion app, a Quarq Riken (ant+) powermeter on my S5, and a dumb Kurt Kinetic trainer. I'm all logged into the apps, but the AppleTV app won't sense my power meter when I boot up and hit the "search for sensors" screen. Is that because my Quarq isn't bluetooth? Do you or @rappstar, or any readers, know of any ways to get the ANT+ power meter to connect? I don't have a good enough laptop (except my work computer which I can't use), so I'm relegated to the above hardware.

I've reached out direct to zwift but i imagine they've got their hands full these days.
thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dongustav wrote:
Slowman, since you said "ask me anything"...

I have a 4th gen apple tv with the zwift app, an iphone 8 with Zwift companion app, a Quarq Riken (ant+) powermeter on my S5, and a dumb Kurt Kinetic trainer. I'm all logged into the apps, but the AppleTV app won't sense my power meter when I boot up and hit the "search for sensors" screen. Is that because my Quarq isn't bluetooth? Do you or @rappstar, or any readers, know of any ways to get the ANT+ power meter to connect? I don't have a good enough laptop (except my work computer which I can't use), so I'm relegated to the above hardware. I've reached out direct to zwift but i imagine they've got their hands full these days. thanks

when you say you have a "4th gen appletv", i don't know what that means exactly, but, is it an appletv 4k? and the critical part of this is the 4k. this is part of the name of the device. appletv 4k.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't need the 4k version. His version (4th gen) works with zwift, it's currently what I'm using.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, you have to connect through your phone or appletv with a bluetooth power signal.

It looks like there's a standalone device that will convert your ant+ signal to bluetooth, but I don't have any experience with it.

https://www.google.com/...=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Last edited by: Sean H: Mar 24, 20 8:04
Quote Reply

Prev Next