Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tilt kit for 3T aura
Quote | Reply
Anyone found a way to tilt the bars of the 3T Aura without touching the angle of the base ?

Tririg has a nice tilt kit for the Alpha X.
Quote Reply
Re: Tilt kit for 3T aura [Hoodoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m working on a very custom project to get 0-20 degree tilt adjustment for the 3T bar.
I’ll be sure to report back once it’s all complete.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Tilt kit for 3T aura [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm tempted to cut the existing spacer to a 10 deg angle, then play with the stem to adjust to the perfect fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same challenge for the 3T Brezza II. The Tririg kit could be compatible in my case since riser bolt size and spacing (M5 and 20mm) are the same. All you need is a custom/modified riser spacer. I ordered the Tririg tilt kit a few weeks ago and will let you know if it works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How is your project moving along?

I finally tested the Alpha X tilt kit and it works, bolt spacing wise. The spacers are obviously not compatible, so I need to make an adapter. Also a custom bridge and cup support is necessary. Below a few photos, first of the current solution, then of the Alpha X parts. The plan is to use this somewhat bodged setup for testing and then build a fashionable one piece extension with integrated riser spacers.

Quote Reply
Re: Tilt kit for 3T aura [marcofoils] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you just grind that bottom spacer (pic3) flat?

The tririg spacers look a lot like gen 1 speed concept spacers

I saw a picture the other day of the argon 18 bike (new one) and the tilt kit on it looked like it might be a direct bolt on to the 3t bars. (not sure about the spacing)

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty much mostly done. Ended up not being quite as custom as I planned, but figured out a way to use existing products
I planned to write up a post with everything that went into it. Good little project than can work for other bars, give 5-20 degrees of tilt, nice and secure, but does add some weight to the cockpit.

Alex Arman

Strava
Last edited by: doublea334: Mar 10, 19 5:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
glad you got it working Alex! Interested to see what you came up with, I've got a bunch of 3T bars laying around I might have to convert :D

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did the adapter not work?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Tilt kit for 3T aura [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The issue is that the leading and trailing edges of the Tririg and 3T spacers are out of sync quite a bit. For tunnel testing why not, for testing outside not ideal.

You mean the e-119? The bolt spacing is 40mm there, so not compatible. The system on the e-119 is nice and clean but a major pain in the rear for testing. With the 3T/Tririg combination you only need to loosen and re-tighten 4 bolts to change the angle vs removing the cups, unbolting the bridge, removing the extensions to finally get to the bolt to adjust tilt.
Quote Reply
Re: Tilt kit for 3T aura [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stumbled upon something already inlroduction that worked really well. And I didn’t have to worry about finding a machinist.

That said, I owe you big time for all the work you put into the original design.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcofoils wrote:
The issue is that the leading and trailing edges of the Tririg and 3T spacers are out of sync quite a bit. For tunnel testing why not, for testing outside not ideal.

You mean the e-119? The bolt spacing is 40mm there, so not compatible. The system on the e-119 is nice and clean but a major pain in the rear for testing. With the 3T/Tririg combination you only need to loosen and re-tighten 4 bolts to change the angle vs removing the cups, unbolting the bridge, removing the extensions to finally get to the bolt to adjust tilt.

ahh darn, not the same spacing huh :(

Yeah can see they are a bit out of sync in the picture. My main concern with this project was that (from the Tririg literature, not having had the tilt kit in my hand I hurts my theorycraft) it looks like the kit bolts in from the top, whereas the 3T stuff all bolts in from the bottom. Is that right? Or can the Tririg be used either way? Probably wouldn't be too tough to have some risers (bottom piece in pic4, the 3T riser) drawn up in CAD. I've done some 3D printed wedges for 3T bars, probably just a few dimensional changes (although you'd probably want metal not PLA for them)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:

Yeah can see they are a bit out of sync in the picture. My main concern with this project was that (from the Tririg literature, not having had the tilt kit in my hand I hurts my theorycraft) it looks like the kit bolts in from the top, whereas the 3T stuff all bolts in from the bottom. Is that right? Or can the Tririg be used either way? Probably wouldn't be too tough to have some risers (bottom piece in pic4, the 3T riser) drawn up in CAD. I've done some 3D printed wedges for 3T bars, probably just a few dimensional changes (although you'd probably want metal not PLA for them)

The Tririg tilt kit can bolt from the top with M6 bolts, or by inverting the "undermount setup" with M5 (which is used by 3T) from the bottom. I was hoping the slammed tilt washer was flat, but it is made to adapt to the airfoil shape of the Alpha X. I will probably machine an aluminum adapter. Will of course post updates as the project moves along.

Last edited by: marcofoils: Mar 10, 19 10:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ahh, that explains it. Thanks for the clarification. Good luck

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fresh from the mill, a quick prototype made from G10.

Would anybody be interested in this adapter?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's real slick looking. I might be down for a pair. Nice work

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Impressive!! Got any pics of the full setup? With extensions and cups mounted on the bars.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! The parts came off the mill today, this weekend the plan is to assemble them on the bars and take the measurements for the transversal carbon bridge plate. I will keep you guys updated with pics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are a few pictures (sorry for the delay). Still need to clean up the Di2 wire routing, other than that, it works great.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those are very impressive! All that is needed is your adapter and one of the TriRig tilt kits, right? If so, I will 100% buy a set if you decide to make more. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Tilt kit for 3T aura [l'arbitrageur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! You need the following

- TriRig Alpha X tilt kit
- Adapter spacer
- Transversal plate to suit your arm cups, BTA system, etc (made from a 3mm carbon plate in my case)
- A few nuts and bolts

I see that Shapeways now offers 40% glass filled PA12, that would be a cheaper alternative to CNC machining. The transversal plate is quick to machine. PM me and we can work something out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello!

two questions:
- with your solution, (I understand) that you will attach the aeropad and extension to the "tririg tilt kit", so... you could use another cuppads, like tririg ergo pads. true?
- tririg alpha x tilt kit it is not sold anymore in tririg, do you think that we could find and alternate solution?

I would be interesting in the 3d model to be printed of your adaptor.

Thank you very much

marcofoils wrote:
Thanks! You need the following

- TriRig Alpha X tilt kit
- Adapter spacer
- Transversal plate to suit your arm cups, BTA system, etc (made from a 3mm carbon plate in my case)
- A few nuts and bolts

I see that Shapeways now offers 40% glass filled PA12, that would be a cheaper alternative to CNC machining. The transversal plate is quick to machine. PM me and we can work something out.
Quote Reply
Re: Tilt kit for 3T aura [ivantriker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, of course you could make the transversal plate to suit any type of arm pads.

Anything is possible, it is just a question of cost. At the moment there is no elegant "low cost" option I am aware of.
Quote Reply