Re: Jay & Silent Bob: The Reboot [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mewes & Smith better be funny!

That's all I have to say.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hopefully he follows through on it. He's had a lot of projects that never got off the ground recently.

Mallrats II was supposed to be filmed at a mall near me. I was hoping to jump in as an extra. ;)

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Jay & Silent Bob: The Reboot [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Why?

Trust me, I ask myself that quite often - not just about this, but why I like Kevin Smith in general - and have yet to come up with an answer

Is it a Jersey thing? A Star Wars thing? A comic book thing?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to see that Mewes has survived heroin and Smith obesity. (lost a lot of weight!).

That said I'm a little disappointed because Smith said a few years ago that the Askewniverse was officially done. And now it's apparently back. So I'm a little cynical, particularly since the magic of Clerks was never fully recaptured in the chain of sequels, even if some of them were OK.
Quote Reply
Re: Jay & Silent Bob: The Reboot [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Good to see that Mewes has survived heroin and Smith obesity. (lost a lot of weight!).

That said I'm a little disappointed because Smith said a few years ago that the Askewniverse was officially done. And now it's apparently back. So I'm a little cynical, particularly since the magic of Clerks was never fully recaptured in the chain of sequels, even if some of them were OK.

Completely agree. To this day "hey try not to suck any dick on your way to the parking lot " often runs through my head when somebody mentions a parking lot..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdT2Wbr5Ons

What I AM excited about however is Bill & Ted 3 which sounds like it might see the light of day by xmas...

New Star Wars AND Bill and Ted for the holiday season?? Xmas 2019 is looking good!
Quote Reply
Re: Jay & Silent Bob: The Reboot [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One time during the beginning of a college XC race, the gun fired and we all took off. You could hear nothing more than the pounding of feet, heavy breathing, and a handful of cheers fading off in the distance. One kid broke the silence by saying, "My girlfriend sucked 37 dicks."

Quote Reply
Re: Jay & Silent Bob: The Reboot [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sadly, not one person responded with, "In a row?"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...m/?username=RandMart

E-mail : randmart37@gmail.com
Twitter: randman37

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skipjack wrote:
What I AM excited about however is Bill & Ted 3 which sounds like it might see the light of day by xmas...

The plan - if I folow this right - is they're doing this kinda like Clerks schedule [super-fucking-short shooting/editing = "we shoot two takes and use the better one"]with a November THIS fucking YEAR release date

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Mallrats II was supposed to be filmed at a mall near me. I was hoping to jump in as an extra. ;)

D'Wife took D'Kid down to the Berlin Diner when the were doing Jersey Girl, because Mom wanted to see Ben Affeck [she has a weird attraction to Boston dudes; I lived in Connecticut when I was a kid, so I qualified somehow?]

A few casting people actually gave Mom cards, as Mare's naturally curly hair was extraordinary to them

She would've been a great face for commercials, but she wouldn't have remember her lines fr shit, and - more likely - would've said "That's fucking stupid! I won't say that!"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skipjack wrote:
trail wrote:

Completely agree. To this day "hey try not to suck any dick on your way to the parking lot " often runs through my head when somebody mentions a parking lot..

The 2 quotes that always stuck w/ us and have cycled into everyday usage are "This job would be great if it wasn't for the fucking customers" and "[You] I hate people / But I love gatherings, isn't it ironic?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
One time during the beginning of a college XC race, the gun fired and we all took off. You could hear nothing more than the pounding of feet, heavy breathing, and a handful of cheers fading off in the distance. One kid broke the silence by saying, "My girlfriend sucked 37 dicks."

I always thought it was 36... or is that to mean they topped her mark?
Quote Reply
Re: Jay & Silent Bob: The Reboot [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dante was number 37.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCLYDpNwvlw

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Why?

Because they are funny as hell.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Jay & Silent Bob: The Reboot [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reboots are stupid.

No good ideas? Reboot a movie that was already done.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Reboots are stupid.

No good ideas? Reboot a movie that was already done.

I'm going to vote to allow it. The only one that I didn't like was Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Besides, I'm betting it is more Clerks III than a reboot. I mean, how much acting range does Mewes have? I think there is only the one character.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Jay & Silent Bob: The Reboot [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

He lost a lot of weight because he decided to get his shit together (I think he went vegetarian or even vegan) after having a nearly fatal heart attack.
Quote Reply
Re: Jay & Silent Bob: The Reboot [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vegan

Daughter Harley Quinn Smith has been vegan for a while now

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
trail wrote:

He lost a lot of weight because he decided to get his shit together (I think he went vegetarian or even vegan) after having a nearly fatal heart attack.

Yeah, that's what I meant by "survived" obesity. Good that he was able to change his lifestyle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"He lost a lot of weight because he decided to get his shit together (I think he went vegetarian or even vegan) after having a nearly fatal heart attack. "

Point of order, he actually got his shit together BEFORE the heart attack. Apparently he had done a lot of damage to his heart from the years of unhealthy eating and smoking.

But still, good on him for getting his shot together.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I think he had a scare, or his doctor said, "You're kinda fucked if you keep this up" and he lost a little weight

But after The Widowmaker, he went all in

Quote Reply
Re: Jay & Silent Bob: The Reboot [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
Skipjack wrote:
trail wrote:

The 2 quotes that always stuck w/ us and have cycled into everyday usage are "This job would be great if it wasn't for the fucking customers" and "[You] I hate people / But I love gatherings, isn't it ironic?"

Shit that's another great line. Going to have to add that into the (mostly) mental rotation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skipjack wrote:
Shit that's another great line. Going to have to add that into the (mostly) mental rotation.

"What's a Nubian?" - Chasing Amy

Quote Reply

Prev Next