Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

suggestions on your current favorite tri bike
Quote | Reply
Hi ladies...I just saw this women's forum..probably been there for awhile..happy to be here.

I am almost fifty and have not raced in over 10 years. I would like to train for a short triathlon and in the process of new bike purchase. I am focused on short, sprint triathlons. I live in Ojai so we have hilly terrain.

Would love to hear what you're riding and loving right now...

Thanks so much...
Quote Reply
Re: suggestions on your current favorite tri bike [tasharsween] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am riding a Cervelo P3 that I am happy with and would buy again if only they still made it in the “fun-size” 45 cm size with 650 wheels.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am also on a Cervelo P3. It's the only tri bike I've ever had so I can't really compare, but it works for me. My first true love remains my road bike :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am also on a Cervelo but a P2C.

My first true love remains my road bike too <3

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: suggestions on your current favorite tri bike [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: suggestions on your current favorite tri bike [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am noticing quite a few recommendations for the Cervelo P3...I will definitely check that one out. Thanks so much
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ojai is very hilly, and since at the moment you're training for a sprint, might I break from the pack and suggest a road bike as opposed to a tri specific rig?
Do you have a local bike shop you like, or would you like us to help you find one?
What do you think about coming up to the Women's camp for a day or two to get to know some of the ladies and try out one of the Xantusia bikes that Slowman has available to borrow?
KS

Karen ST Concierge
Last edited by: STConcierge: Mar 6, 19 11:40
Quote Reply
Re: suggestions on your current favorite tri bike [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you beat me to the punch Karen! I second the road bike suggestion. Not to say that a tri position is not necessary for a Sprint distance, but it would be a bike with more use-ability than just tri.

Also, just 'riding bikes' may not give you an accurate impression of a particular bike, as it isn't fitted to you. A bad saddle on a great bike will be misleading. Of course, Dan will be there to help make sure you're setup properly.

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply