Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ultra before Ironman
Quote | Reply
Anyone have experience with doing a 100 miler before an Ironman? I am looking at a 100 15 weeks before IM. I think this gives plenty of time between events. This will be my 6th IM and I have previously done several 50k and a 50miler. I am just looking to do something different this season .
Quote Reply
Re: Ultra before Ironman [bellau] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did something similar back in 2012 for my 1st 100miler though with a 20week gap (and a half IM at 10weeks). I had an ok but not spectacular IM race, though think that was more overcooking the bike. So yes it is doable, whether it is sensible or not only you can say :D

I had one week rest after the 100 before starting some easy cycling and swimming and started running again after 2weeks (short and gentle). Then went into a bike focus until the IM.
Quote Reply
Re: Ultra before Ironman [bellau] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought you were going to ask about doing IM a couple of weeks after a miler. But almost 4 months, I'm not sure what sort of feedback you're looking for.

You're going to have excellent base endurance fitness going into the miler then nearly 3 months of IM specific training after.

How much time does anyone really need between big races?
Quote Reply