Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1 or 2 pieces try kit
Quote | Reply
Hi

For full distance. you guys prefer 1 piece trisuit... or 2 pieces (sleeved)

Look like the trisuit is:
- more aero.
- doesn't move as much during the race.
- probably take as long to put on in T1 (sleeved, last year, i didn't want to swim tri top, may change this year.)
- but take a little longer if ever i need to make an "emergency" stop.

I have done all my races with a 2 pieces.... but in the quest for marginal gains, i'm seriously considering a single piece for this year.

Thanks i advance
Last edited by: benleg: Feb 27, 19 5:45
Quote Reply
Re: 1 or 2 pieces try kit [benleg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the past, I always went with 2 piece, for toilet breaks more than anything. I seem to piss like 5 times in the hour before every race (nerves) and wresting in/out of a one piece drives me nuts.

Then I discovered the DeSoto FlySuit which has a fly sort of in the lower abdomen (so no risk of your ding dong accidentally falling out) and boom Shaka laka, the best of both worlds. It also fits me great and their chamois is unbeatable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Prefer 1 piece with sleeves, have a Castelli where there is a gap at the front between the top and the shorts where they overlap but aren't attached (imagine if a full zip jersey was stitched to a pair of shorts around the back and sides but not at the front and you kind of get the idea) which is a nice balance. Suit fits nice and smooth and aero, is comfortable, but still easy to pee. I swim in it for both wetsuit and non-wetsuit swims, so there is no impact on T1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1 piece with sleeves that that has a full zipper. Best of both worlds
Quote Reply
Re: 1 or 2 pieces try kit [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1 piece sleeved tri kit is way to go these days. It's a trend, comfortable, aero, fast and looks good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Ben,

We make 7 different trisuits for men with many different options.

https://www.desotosport.com/...ctions/mens-trisuits

Let me know if I can personally help you pick the best one for you. You can reply to this post, PM me, or email me (email in my signature).

We take great pride in making sure all our customers are fitted into the correct size. In order to do this it would be most helpful if you would provide us with as much of the following information as you are comfortable providing:

HEIGHT
WEIGHT
CHEST (measured as the largest part of circumference right over the pectoral muscle)
WAIST (circumference measured at the belly-button line - this is NOT the same as your pants waist size)
HIPS (circumference measured at the widest point, NOT at your hips where your belt may go. typically this will measure just a few inches below your hips bones and around the largest part of the glutes)

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: 1 or 2 pieces try kit [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would caveat the 1 piece sleeved with check the rules in your local jurisdiction... If they follow the ITU rules, sleeves are prohibited for standard distance or shorter, and prohibited for any non-wetsuit legal swims... I went to a one piece sleeved suit this year (Kiwami), since I mainly race Duathlons, and the Tri/Aquathlons I'm racing are either unsanctioned, unlikely to be non-wetsuit or in a jurisdiction where sleeved suits are allowed (for the one that has historically often been a non-wetsuit swim)...
Quote Reply