Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can you connect an Edge 520 to multiple phones?
Quote | Reply
Google surprisingly had no hits of any substance, and from what I can tell this can't be done...but thought I'd ask the all knowing forum.

I switch between two different phones and would like to be able to sync the Garmin with both. From what I can tell, you cannot do so - the device itself only gives you the opportunity to connect it to one phone.

Hopefully someone here can tell me otherwise?
Quote Reply
Re: Can you connect an Edge 520 to multiple phones? [greenlawnracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it's the same as a Garmin (edit: 810, 820) 920, 935 (which I think it is) you can connect to one phone at a time using bluetooth. You can connect to two or more phones but not at the same time.

I do it with my devices depending on if I have my phone or tablet with me. If I'm running on a treadmill I normally have my tablet with me, after my workout my watch uploads to the tablet. If I've been running outside, my watch uploads to my phone when I get home.
Last edited by: jaretj: Feb 28, 19 7:21
Quote Reply
Re: Can you connect an Edge 520 to multiple phones? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
You can connect to two or more phones but not at the same time.

Do you have to unpair and repair the Garmin to the specific phone/tablet each time?
Quote Reply
Re: Can you connect an Edge 520 to multiple phones? [greenlawnracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You don't have to unpair them. If both devices are present (phone and tablet) I turn the bluetooth off on the device I don't want to use so the watch/computer will find the other one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As i've seen elsewhere, try it out and be the datapoint you want be. Considering the 520 has 2 bluetooth signals, BT and BTLE, you might be able to connect each signal to a different phone at the same time.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you connect an Edge 520 to multiple phones? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
You don't have to unpair them. If both devices are present (phone and tablet) I turn the bluetooth off on the device I don't want to use so the watch/computer will find the other one.

Once the first phone has been paired - how do you pair the second one?

When I follow the instructions, I don't get an option to add a second device on the 520.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/edge520plus/EN-US/GUID-5CAE6B1A-C3A6-411C-8712-DC735FB8A5FA.html

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to have to look at my 820 when I get home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
greenlawnracing wrote:
Google surprisingly had no hits of any substance, and from what I can tell this can't be done...but thought I'd ask the all knowing forum.

I switch between two different phones and would like to be able to sync the Garmin with both. From what I can tell, you cannot do so - the device itself only gives you the opportunity to connect it to one phone.

Hopefully someone here can tell me otherwise?

I switch back and forth on my Garmin Descent watch all the time. I have to pair it with the phone (android) and with the Garmin connect app. I do have to turn off bluetooth on the phone that I am not using.
Quote Reply