Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:
What is the deal with Aliexpress? Is it a legit website (this question isn’t really targeted at LTP products)?

It's a website that links manufacturers (typically Chinese ones) with purchasers cutting out the retail middleman. Quality varies. Shipping time is slow. Prices reflect it.

So basically the authentic LTP ordering experience, but cheaper?

No no. You'll get the product WAY faster from Aliexpress. And if you have problems with it, you'll receive better customer service.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [TriDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriDavis wrote:
Wait no more!!! Now you can get their stuff off of Aliexpress.
Linky

This is tempting given the price. That being said, this seller does set off a few alarms, the biggest being the random change in language to German for the shipping terms.
If ordering, use a single use credit card through your bank, or a prepaid Visa.

Aliexpress does offer some guarantees and they are a company to be trusted, however they are just like eBay. They simply connect the buyer and seller and are not inventorying/selling the product themselves.
Their website also has some cheap jerseys for sale. I'm going to try that first, as at $21, even if they keep my money, it's not the end of the world.
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [Route66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Route66 wrote:
My n=1 experience ordering from a vendor on AliExpress was that they sent me 1 of a quantity 3 order and called it a day. The dispute process was basically a joke stacked in the favor of the vendor, and I finally disputed w/ the credit card and received the difference back. Personally, I wouldn't order through their site again, though I'm sure there have been plenty of satisfied customers who do.

I guess it’s YMMV but I’ve had about a dozen orders with AliExpress and all have been great. Mostly just some cheap watches, etc, but zero issues and most arrived in 10-14 days.

I’ve never ordered any tri gear, but have been tempted to order a kit just to see how it compares.
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My only issue is they are selling the items as a trisuit and not a bib/jersey combo. The pad looks enormous so I would only use the trisuit for cycling as it appears the pad would absorb a lot of water. For the money it’s tempting.
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
Has anyone ever used these knockoff Chinese kits? I bet they’re similar quality as the real thing at a fraction of the cost. I would have no problem buying from them as it’s hard to justify the 88% mark up.

Make that 880%. And yes, the $27 Giro D’Italia kit I bought for my fiancé is still in use almost a year later. As others have said, be prepared to wait nearly a month for delivery. Also, be critically aware that sizing is dramatically different and be prepared to order several sizes up if you’re American.

FWIW, I have enjoyed my $6 dresses as well 😉

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Similar quality ?

May be, may be not.
I had the experience with several items (not tri suit) "chinese copy". They look the same, but they are not. Some items broke at first use, because material was not good (bad quality metal, or plastic replacing metal, or bad quality sewing, random sizing...)

Kind of a lottery
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had a few kits over the years. Generally they are o.k., The oldest has lasted 10+ years, and the construction of the kits are much better than they used to be. But, not as good as the Garneau or Castelli kits that I have. I think of it as a price point thing. It's likely better than the cheap stuff at your LBS, but these aren't as good as the top-shelf kits.

Having to rely on size charts can also be tricky; I once got a great pair of bibs and thought I'd buy the more expensive version from the same seller. Unfortunately, the more expensive one fit at least one or two sizes smaller (although it had the same 'tag' size).

Oh, and if you order from Aliexpress, it's worth it to pay extra for e-packet or Aliexpress standard shipping that includes faster ship times and tracking.
Quote Reply
Re: Any recent Love the Pain orders? [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i enjoy my fake oakleys from Aliexpress. Product is actually really great and price can't be beat. Lots of reviews on these and the polarized lenses even past the tests.
Quote Reply

Prev Next