Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

About that tire poll?
Quote | Reply
I think a good addition to the poll would be a mixed width. I tend to run either a 20/23 or 23/25 combo. Kind of makes sense to maybe use a narrower tire for aero, especially with older rims and a bit more on the back for reduced Crr. Kinda mimics the Attack/Force setup as well.
Quote Reply
Re: About that tire poll? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
20 (H3) / 25 (super9)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya, I run a 20 and 23 but that wasn't a choice. So I picked 20...
Quote Reply
Re: About that tire poll? [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
Ya, I run a 20 and 23 but that wasn't a choice. So I picked 20...

Well I do the same and I picked 23 because I sometimes TT on the road bike and that is 23/23 or 23/25, so I figured that was closer. I guess I canceled you out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is my method too. H3 up front 20mm tyre (supersonic for short races 4000II for long) 23mm or 24mm in the rear. I like my force tyre on the rear but the clearance on my bike is tight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
I think a good addition to the poll would be a mixed width. I tend to run either a 20/23 or 23/25 combo. Kind of makes sense to maybe use a narrower tire for aero, especially with older rims and a bit more on the back for reduced Crr. Kinda mimics the Attack/Force setup as well.

Yes. On my road bike I run 23 front / 25 back. A little more aero; yet, the practical application is to use up my remaining 23s.

If there are 23s that are deeply discounted (because they are currently out of favor), might even buy some more.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
IKinda mimics the Attack/Force setup as well.

Speaking of Attack/Force, I bought a couple pairs of the old 24c Force when they were on closeout at Nashbar. I run them front and rear. Ran 24c S-Works Turbos before that.

Since there was no 24c option in the poll, I chose 25c as my next tire will likely be a 25c S5000.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply