Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized S-Works EXOs shoe - 99 grams! lightest road shoe ever
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works EXOs shoe - 99 grams! lightest road shoe ever [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice, but 500 bucks? What are they smoking

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works EXOs shoe - 99 grams! lightest road shoe ever [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These are limited edition and only 500 will be made.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works EXOs shoe - 99 grams! lightest road shoe ever [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Article says they will run 700 bucks and you can preorder at your local dealer. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works EXOs shoe - 99 grams! lightest road shoe ever [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imagine how you'd have to compliment your kit when you show up at the group ride wearing these. And the bike you have to ride. Man, you'd better be fast - real fast!

At least with Bonts or other custom shoes, you can play it off as 'needed' to fit your odd-shaped foot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 200 pounds. My shoes aren't what's pulling me backwards on hills. They do look nice, though.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
Nice, but 500 bucks? What are they smoking

i have 3 pair of S-Works shoes. I personally look at them as luxury items. Horribly HORRIBLY overpriced and the epitome of marginal gains, but they are treats every time i put them on my feet.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Geez. I doubt that shoe costs even $50 to make. Probably not $40. It'll be less comfortable, give virtually no performance benefit and cost $700. But I'm sure they'll sell the 500 pairs.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works EXOs shoe - 99 grams! lightest road shoe ever [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dyneema ain’t cheap. I’ve priced it for use in armored vehicle applications. Awesome stuff. Also requires some manufacturing adjustments. Probably much more than $50 to construct. But yes, halo pricing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice, but they're no comete ultimates.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works EXOs shoe - 99 grams! lightest road shoe ever [Brewbadger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 99-gram lace ones are $700; the 150-gram boa ones are $500.

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually don't like the way they look and don't want laces. Yet another product showing the ridiculous direction the industry is going.
Quote Reply