Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Feb. 25 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 25 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stress and anxiety still... should be over Sunday... work conference I'm half looking forward to and half anxious about

didn't set goals last week due to crankiness from stress/anxiety! humph. but pleased with week

M: 8.2 mi run
T: 3.2 mi run + 3200 yd swim
W: 8.3 mi run + 875 yd swim
T: 6.7 mi run + 1525 yd swim
F: 10.3 mi run + 3 mi bike
S: 4.4 mi run + 375 yd swim + lifeguard recertification class!
S: 35 mi bike

totals 5975 yd swim (+lifeguard certified until Feb 23, 2021!), 38 mi bike, 41.1 mi run

goals this week: keep doing the things that manage stress and anxiety in HEALTHY ways

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr TC - I feel like Feb 23 is lifeguard recertification day. Our pool was closed so that our guards could do the same. Good goal for the week, you got this!

My goals were: 3 x swim (NOPE), 3 x bike (NOPE, only completed 2), 4 x run (YES), 2 x strength (HUGE BIG NOPE). The tendonitis was worse than I thought so I couldn't do any strength work, even holding an empty coffee mug hurt! I didn't attempt a swim until Friday, when the water temperature was somewhere between 30.7 and 30.9 C. I swam 300m and called it a day. The trainer rides weren't so bad but I did bail on the VO2max workout after the warm up. At least the running was good.

This week is the start of a new training block:
swim x 4 (please cross your fingers that the pool is cooler)
bike x 4 (FTP test done, the number went up though not as much as I hoped)
run x 4
strength x 2.

Btw, Dr_C - splurged on some Napa Cab Sauv for hubby's birthday. We went with the '97 BV Georges De Latour - it was superb. Now back to our abstemious ways.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik. Good job managing your stress and anxiety -- I'm glad to see there's an end in sight and that you're being smart about your goals. Keep at it. And thanks for being a lifeguard :)

Scheherazade, sorry about the tendonitis -- hope things start to feel better.

I had another busy week of travel but got in 4 swims, 4 bikes, and 4 runs across 3 time zones with a true rest day. It was a lot to coordinate with the travel so I'm pleased to have gotten it done. I also rode my tri bike for the first time in nearly 3 months (oops). I rode it outside but it's now back on the trainer and back to business.

My goals this week are 4 swims, 4 bikes, 4 runs, a yoga class and a rest day (today :D)

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hiiiiiii everyone!

Well, I completed my first tri this week, after being sidelined for several days by a migraine that wouldn't quit. All in all, I came in smack in the middle of my age group, and I'm really happy with that. It was a sprint distance and I finished in just under 2 hours. I'm struggling the most with running, with patellar instability, and my 5k was an unexpected 38 mins. So, that's good. I went ahead and signed up for another 5k in May to work on running, and an Olympic in July. Now I just need a different bike--I borrowed my dad's. He bought it from Walmart 15 years ago and rides it 5x per week...

Last week, I had a plan to work out M-W, do a recovery workout on Th, and take F completely off for the tri on Sat. Migraine hit on Tu, so I only really worked on M, then did a short, easy swim TH and an even shorter ride and run on F. It wasn't ideal, but it was what could happen.

This week:

M: strength, short run drills
T: Longer cardio, probably bike
W: strength, swim
Th: run
F: strength, bike
S:??? Something fun and long.
S: rest

If I need to chill more, I'll let one of the strength days go.

In real life, I'm struggling a bit. I get the sense that a lot of you are academics. Is that so? I'm on research leave and really struggling to find structure and focus. I got invited to give two talks on relatively short notice, so I need to find my way back to productivity land now.

Dr. TC: Thanks for sharing your struggles with anxiety. I'm right there with you at the moment. Good luck with the conference.

Sheherezade, sorry about the tendonitis! Ay, so annoying. And I hope your pool is colder. You hubby's birthday cab sounds like yum.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 25 Edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on your first tri finish!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WOOOOOOOO!

Congratulations GiantNewb, that's great :D

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Woot, woot!! That's awesome, congratulations!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wooohooo, well done on your first finish. Sounds like you're hooked!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Anna s: Feb 26, 19 3:57
Re: How was your week? Feb. 25 Edition [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm so glad you're feeling better Anna S!
I'd be into a multisport event with climbing -- maybe it's a unique business idea ;)

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Everyone,

I hope you all are having better weeks than last week. I'm sorry so many of you are suffering through something right now.

Last week was, as predictable, also terrible for me. Scott passed away on Tuesday. A great light in this world has dimmed considerably, and I'm heartbroken. Cancer sucks. The hubs and I managed to salvage some joy last weekend on a planned trip to Boston, and through all of that I managed to get in all of my workouts. Y'all, I am tired. I am almost at the zombie stage of IM training. I can feel it in my bones now. Travel snafus didn't help last night thanks to all the crazy wind up and down the east coast, and I assed my way through this morning's 3 hours of workouts. I hope this doesn't set the tone for the the last week of this build block.

Anyhoo, goals for this week: Survive.

M- rest (well, almost. I logged over 20k steps yesterday and fought the wind in downtown Boston, I don't consider that real rest)
Tu- 3000yd swim, 7mi run, strength
W- 70mi ride (not a typo), 30min run brick
Th- team track, 50min Zwift, and volunteering all day at the Museum
F- 3400yd swim and strength
Sa- 18mi run, and it's my birthday so hopefully some shenanigans and cake
Su- 100min Zwift and swim clinic

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 25 Edition [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anna s, one or seven ;)

Dr. Cupcake, I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I know I'm just an internet rando, but you are my thoughts. Sending love and strength.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
D'awwwww y'all are the best. Thanks for your support! It means a lot.

Cupcake, I'm so sorry to hear about Scott's passing. Both he and you were in my thoughts last week, and you will continue to be. I'm real glad you got out of town for a bit of a break.

I'd also support multisport with climbing! It'd be such a great compliment to the other three. Is there a quadrathlon?

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am so grateful for all of you. Thank you so much for your love and thoughts and kindness last week and this week.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello, ladies. Not a great week last week -- my knee was a bit tender from the week before and I had a lot of stuff going on in the evenings, so I didn't do much training during the week. I did do a couple of trainer rides, lifted once, did some PT, did a tiny bit of yoga, and went for a very gentle run on Saturday after resting my knee for all week previously. It could have been worse. Mostly I am OVER winter. We leave for vacation very early Saturday so I'm trying to get in a few workouts before we go, and I'm taking a change of running clothes with me. I've already looked up the Strava heat map for running routes in the neighborhood we're staying in, haha.

Keep managing that stress, Dr. T.
Hopefully your tendonitis has calmed down, Scheherazade.
SoCal, that is impressive training during a travel week!
Congrats on the tri, GN!
Anna, glad to hear things have calmed down somewhat.
So sorry to hear about your friend, Dr_C. Internet hugs from a stranger. And happy birthday on Saturday.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply