Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, that is the part. It works great. I got mine from my local trek dealer (they ordered one in and it took a couple days). I can’t remember the cost, but as mentioned above once you added shipping from triton it was a wash

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would like to have your input on sizing. Looking to buy a SC 2018.
I'm 176cm with 86-87 inseem. I was told to get a Medium with a 165mm crank. What do you think?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [marting] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marting wrote:
Anyone on here want to sell a Speed Fin for the current generation of Speed Concept? The long aero brake cover that sits below the bottom bracket - I know some people don't like them.

Ideally in black, and posting to the UK.

PM me. I've got one sitting on a shelf as I prefer the UCI cover for the sake of wheel swaps.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [JFGOTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JFGOTRI wrote:
I'm 176cm with 86-87 inseem. I was told to get a Medium with a 165mm crank. What do you think?

Pad stack and reach?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
JFGOTRI wrote:

Pad stack and reach?

It should be around: Pad Y of 626 / Pad X of 468
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JFGOTRI wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
JFGOTRI wrote:

Pad stack and reach?

Medium with a medium far stem.

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Feb 14, 19 5:17
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
JFGOTRI wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
JFGOTRI wrote:

Pad stack and reach?

Medium with a medium far stem.

Does the medium far stem comes with the bike or I need to buy it from Trek?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That’s generally the default, if you do not go p1. Lmk if not as I have like 5 lying around. I also have lots of mono risers if stock (25mm) does not work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe that is the stem that comes with the stock bike (non project 1). If you do a project 1, you specify the stem you want when you order and the bike comes with all the mono spacers.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great! Thanks to both of you!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey current and future Speed Concept owners!

I wanted to drop my first post on this thread and introduce myself to you as the new Community Manager at Trek Bikes! I'll be here to answer your Speed Concept related questions the best I can! If you have fit specific questions (as I see that comes up from time to time), I suggest working with your local expert, but I will also try to help even though that is not my area of expertise.

Can't wait to work with you all!

P.S. see my first introductory post HERE

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi mitch

Thanks for introducing yourself. I posted in this thread here

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...failures_P6601686-3/

I can't link to the exact post but it was #70. Do you have any insight as to what I was doing wrong with my aerobars. I've not had much chance to retest. Basically my extensions came completely loose mid race. No worries if not, if it persists I'll be able to describe the issue in more detail
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New to the speed concept.. Just picked it up a few weeks ago. But apparently so are my local Trek dealerships. Had to drive a hr and a half to get to a good one........Soooo local expert not so much
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [davidwilcock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davidwilcock wrote:
Hi mitch

Thanks for introducing yourself. I posted in this thread here

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...failures_P6601686-3/

I can't link to the exact post but it was #70. Do you have any insight as to what I was doing wrong with my aerobars. I've not had much chance to retest. Basically my extensions came completely loose mid race. No worries if not, if it persists I'll be able to describe the issue in more detail

Hey David! I peeked into that and went to consult someone on it. The word I got was that if it is too tight or loose it can fail. It seems that you really want the lockout bolt to the point of it just touching the mono spacer. If too much pressure is on the threads it could cause it to slip. Then you would have to replace the pivot cradle. You'd also want to make sure the T-nuts are lined up correctly in their slots - that was one I personally saw.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
New to the speed concept.. Just picked it up a few weeks ago. But apparently so are my local Trek dealerships. Had to drive a hr and a half to get to a good one........Soooo local expert not so much

Congratz on the new bike! One thing I would recommend is having your LBS print off some of the assembly or tech information for you to reference.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ty,

Alot of helpful people on here
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have experience whether Roval 321 will fit SC or not given the duotrap bulge?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [valdurj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know about the Roval specifically, but my AeroCoach AEOX disc touched the DuoTrap bulge in certain conditions. Since I have a 1st-gen SC and the warranty is not relevant, I had my local mechanic take a dremel to it.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All! I am new here and have decided I want to get a speed concept but I am not sure what size to get. I already bought the wrong size bike once so I would prefer to not do that again. I have a local Trek store nearby but the store is brand new and after talking to them I am almost certain they have never built a bike for a triathlete before. Here are my measurements from my fit about a month ago (file attached). Thanks in advance!

Saddle height - 719mm
Frame stack - 514mm (too small)
Handlebar reach - 497mm
Grip reach - 773mm
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [dockay1234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, hoping someone can help. I'm reassembling my SC after travel and the rear brake seems to have got itself in an impossible position! the non-drive side swing arm is back behind the drive side, the trick being that it can't actually pass through the gap to get there or more relevantly, back.

i tried undoing the mounting bolt but that doesn't actually seem to come out, much as i turn it just gets a bit loose and rotates with the brake cover bolt...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [valdurj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The answer is no the Roval 321 will not fit the non drive side due to duotrap when wheel is under load/flex.

The solution is to file back the duotrap bulge a bit to suit. At least that's my plan once I see how far it's needed.
Have the 321 on way. I'll throw up a couple pics in a couple weeks once sorted to show how tight it is and when fixed.
As it's carbon, it may actually be an option to slice either side of the duotrap and wedge it in further to keep out of way. I'll see once I know how much needed.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [pk1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk1 wrote:
Hi, hoping someone can help. I'm reassembling my SC after travel and the rear brake seems to have got itself in an impossible position! the non-drive side swing arm is back behind the drive side, the trick being that it can't actually pass through the gap to get there or more relevantly, back.

i tried undoing the mounting bolt but that doesn't actually seem to come out, much as i turn it just gets a bit loose and rotates with the brake cover bolt...

Could you try and upload some photos?

As for the bolt, it might be unthreaded but leaving at an angle to where it wont remove. Try grabbing it with a pair of needle nose pliers

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
pk1 wrote:

Could you try and upload some photos?

As for the bolt, it might be unthreaded but leaving at an angle to where it wont remove. Try grabbing it with a pair of needle nose pliers

Hi Mitch

thanks, will try that.
i was trying to upload a photo but kept getting stymied by the file restrictions, i think i have that sorted now though
Last edited by: pk1: Feb 23, 19 11:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need to replace the rear derailleur cable for the SC gen2. The cable seems to be stuck at fork/frame area. Any trick to make it easier?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [jdzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Problem solved! Noob mistake. I was assume the cable housing runs straight from front to back. It joins under the plastic cover.

jdzz wrote:
I need to replace the rear derailleur cable for the SC gen2. The cable seems to be stuck at fork/frame area. Any trick to make it easier?

Thanks
Quote Reply

Prev Next