Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Used Wetsuits You're Ready To Throw Out
Quote | Reply
Hey everyone -

So I volunteer for an Adaptive Sports group on weekends, and right now I'm in the process of teaching a kid how to monoski. He just bought his own rig, and with that comes a lot of set-up of his seat and what-not.

One of other volunteers has said that some of our more accomplished contemporaries use old wet-suits mounted to their buckets to help with upper-body support (high-level spinal injuries).

Long story short: we're hoping that there are some people out there with old wet-suits that are ready to send 'em to the trash, but would rather donate them than trash 'em.

If anyone has any that they'd like to get rid of, please let me know (email below). We very much appreciate it! If we can use it, and he really gets good, I'll post some vids at some point!

Thanks everyone!
- Jeff
J-k-stevens-AT-g-mail-dot-com

(Obviously remove all hyphens, yada, yada, yada...) Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Re: Used Wetsuits You're Ready To Throw Out [jkstevens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have one, message me so I can get your info and where to send.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see that you have J.Thompson sending you a PM. If his size doesn't work out then please write me.

We donate a lot of wetsuits every year to the Challenged Athletes Foundation and other worthy causes, and have some good folks who can do any necessary alterations. Just email me his height & weight info.

Great that you are working with him.

- Turq
(glynn@xterrawetsuits.com)
Quote Reply
Re: Used Wetsuits You're Ready To Throw Out [Turq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appreciate that, Turq, but we would actually be cutting the wetsuit up: essentially, the neoprene of the wetsuit allows for some movement and give, but not much and helps create an amazingly stable strap to keep him in his bucket.

I actually don't have the exact details (my cohort in the program does) but I'll gladly fill more details in as I learn them and things are implemented.

But, because you asked, he's 5'3"-5", 115lbs. T-8 (if I'm remembering correctly) paralysis. Good kid.

Thanks again!
- Jeff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkstevens wrote:
Appreciate that, Turq, but we would actually be cutting the wetsuit up: essentially, the neoprene of the wetsuit allows for some movement and give, but not much and helps create an amazingly stable strap to keep him in his bucket.

I actually don't have the exact details (my cohort in the program does) but I'll gladly fill more details in as I learn them and things are implemented.

But, because you asked, he's 5'3"-5", 115lbs. T-8 (if I'm remembering correctly) paralysis. Good kid.

Thanks again!
- Jeff

Wait, so to be clear, you have a productive use for the old Helix I no longer fit in and split the side of when I tried to put on at the start of last season?

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a used Xterra if you want it. PM me with your shipping information if so.

tinman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Email sent.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeff, are there other kids in the program who could benefit as well? I can share with with my local tri group - but don't want to inundate you with responses if you're no longer in need.
Quote Reply