Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to use RMR test results?
Quote | Reply
I recently had an opportunity to have a resting metabolic test done. I didnt get any sort of guidance with the results. Im wondering how I can use the results to fine tune my daily nutrition plan without having to go to a nutrionist.

My REE was about 1800. The kfat was about 80%, the kcho was about 20%.
Do I take the REE and add my excercise calories to get a maintenance calorie intake? For example, If I burn 600 on a bike workout, then Id aim for 2400 for the day?

Then for weight loss with a goal of leaning out, create a deficit without going below the REE?

And is there anything to take away from the 80/20 fat/cho ratio in terms of adjusting my macros?
Quote Reply
Re: How to use RMR test results? [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
test wrote:
I recently had an opportunity to have a resting metabolic test done. I didnt get any sort of guidance with the results. Im wondering how I can use the results to fine tune my daily nutrition plan without having to go to a nutrionist.
Do I take the REE and add my excercise calories to get a maintenance calorie intake? For example, If I burn 600 on a bike workout, then Id aim for 2400 for the day?
Then for weight loss with a goal of leaning out, create a deficit without going below the REE?
And is there anything to take away from the 80/20 fat/cho ratio in terms of adjusting my macros?

Yes, you are thinking about it correctly except you prob need to add in 200-300 cal/day for just regular walking around, daily chores, etc. JOOC, was your test the kind where you sit quietly with clamp on your nose and breath in and out through your mouth for 10 minutes??? Also, how much do you weigh???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: How to use RMR test results? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
test wrote:

Yes, you are thinking about it correctly except you prob need to add in 200-300 cal/day for just regular walking around, daily chores, etc. JOOC, was your test the kind where you sit quietly with clamp on your nose and breath in and out through your mouth for 10 minutes??? Also, how much do you weigh???
Yes, the test was me hooked up in a dark room sitting for 30min. I did a 12 hour fast and abstained from exercise before the test.

I weigh about 170 pounds and am about 6’ tall.
Quote Reply
Re: How to use RMR test results? [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
test wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
test wrote:

Yes, the test was me hooked up in a dark room sitting for 30min. I did a 12 hour fast and abstained from exercise before the test.

I weigh about 170 pounds and am about 6’ tall.

Interesting info...I am about 6'2" and weigh about 180 lb, and my RMR came out at about 2400 cal. I use 2700 cal as my base intake with no exercise, then add in estimated cals from swim, run, walks with the dogs, etc. The 2700 *seems* accurate as when I take a few weeks off and only walk 2-3 mi/day, I have to eat at least 2900-3000 cal/day or else I will lose weight. I think I have always had a pretty high metabolism but i would think you have too???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply