Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Leuven and Spa Rides?
Quote | Reply
Looks like we have a family trip to these two Belgian towns and my wife said I can bring the bike. Be most grateful for recommended routes from each town. Ideally, looking to get in 2 hours or so each day. Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Leuven and Spa Rides? [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It all depends what kind of rides/terrain you want. In spa it's much uphill/downhill and in 2 hours you could do some of the ardennes classique hill sections,
For Leuven it's a bit more flat to rolling roads, if you have a chance i'd recommend you to go a bit higher in Belgium and ride the cobblestoned hills such as muur of geraadsbergen/bosberg/paterberg etc all very famous from the tour of flanders.

When will you be here?
Quote Reply
Re: Leuven and Spa Rides? [kdl2493] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like maybe this weekend. Are the safe routes to ride on a bike marked pretty clearly? I have only been in the area once before and that was a decade ago and don’t recall these details. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jsmith wrote:
Looks like maybe this weekend. Are the safe routes to ride on a bike marked pretty clearly? I have only been in the area once before and that was a decade ago and don’t recall these details. Thanks.

Not sure about markings but GPX files should be really easily available! There are some challenging climbs around Spa but most roads are bad quality as well unfortunately..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some "fun" and famous hills you should look up and in the neighborhood of Spa:

- La Redoute (Remouchamps)
- Stockeu (say hi to Eddy Merkcx on the top) & Cote de Wanne (Stavelot)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in Leuven so can help you out to find some routes here. Going to the north is mainly flat, the south is a bit hilly.
In attachment you find already one gpx track going to the North, it has a lot of small and well paved roads. As a dessert, there are two small hills at the end :-). Let me know if it needs to be extended a bit, since it's 52km.

If you would like to, I can also share some routes to the south. How many days will you be in Leuven?
Last edited by: khendrickx: Feb 20, 19 6:52
Quote Reply
Re: Leuven and Spa Rides? [khendrickx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oooohhh Leuven has the most aMAZing art museum - the M-Museum.

so, if the weather is crappy, definitely check that out!
too bad there is no racing at Spa yet...

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply