Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any reason why certain running shoes my sole feels like its ripping apart?
Quote | Reply
This started 2 years ago. I was running in Hoka Claytons for 1.5 years with no problems then all of sudden my right foot was getting sore on the sole of my foot. It felt like the bottom of my foot was tearing. I thought it was PF so I backed off the volume. But it would keep coming back. I switched to Kinveras and didn't have any problems until I got the latest version (version 10) and I'm experiencing the same problem again! What is going on?
Quote Reply
Re: Any reason why certain running shoes my sole feels like its ripping apart? [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried orthotics?
Quote Reply
Re: Any reason why certain running shoes my sole feels like its ripping apart? [swimswam1003] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No....any recommendations? I noticed the new Kinvera 10s are more flexible than the 9s. Not sure if this is a cause.
Quote Reply
Re: Any reason why certain running shoes my sole feels like its ripping apart? [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I experienced this with a pair of hokas as well as a pair of innov8s. I felt like I tried everything. What ended up working for me was a thicker pair of socks and I actually removed the insole completely from the shoe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had this in shoes that are too narrow (which is damn near all of them, and especially all Hokas) - it's either searing pain in the bottom of my arch, or my toes/ball of my foot goes numb.

Quote | Reply
So I switched back to my Kinvera 9s and I have no issues. I'm not sure what to do.....buy a shit ton of the 9s and hope the 11s+ go back to being like the 9s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how old and how many miles were you getting in your Hokas when you started noticing the pain? I've never had any foot pain (luckily), but my wife and her dad would have a lot of PF issues to the point my father in laws snapped and he needed surgery. I say this to suggest orthotics because they had custom ones made, but upon relaying this information, they didn't seem to help them all that much so I have no clue.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought this was going to be a satirical thread against Nike after last night's incident.
Quote Reply
Re: Any reason why certain running shoes my sole feels like its ripping apart? [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hahahahaha, me too

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply