Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ZWIFT ; where is your strenght test
Quote | Reply
Hello all!
I was wondering if anybody wanted to know what is their natural skillset and tested it. Such as; sprinter, puncheur, climber, TT, etc.

GCN showed on one of there okd videos explaning testing yourself at max 5sec.1min, 5min et 20min. It can give you a great idea on the w/kg chart your naturel strenght sonyou can develop it and use it more.

I know zwift shows your power curve after a ride but i will try to do a key session on testing. Something like a 15min warm up. Followed by a 5sec test, 5min rest, 1 min test, 5min rest and cool down.

I get destroyed on zwift final sprints So i would like to know where am instanding, more a puncheur or climber or TT.

Antbody tried this and ended up beeing realistic?

Jonathan, fellow triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: ZWIFT ; where is your strenght test [JODIRT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is exactly what Sufferfest's "Full Frontal" test does, which they have been promoting for the past year. Assuming you do not work for them and this is not a covert ad, you should google it and check it out!
Quote Reply
Re: ZWIFT ; where is your strenght test [AndyCaleb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats interesting! Thank you, i will lool into it. :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get a free trial account from Xert, upload your data from the last few months and it'll tell you what kind of riding you've been doing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zwift power also gives you ratings in those categories.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny enough, when Dan Lloyd from GCN did the test, it shows precisely why it doesn't work. The test classified him as a sprinter. He's not. It's just that he currently sucks less at sprinting than climbing.
Quote Reply
Re: ZWIFT ; where is your strenght test [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My threshold given by xert is at least 30W lower than what lactate testing indicates. Nor sure what to make of it right now tbh
Quote Reply
Re: ZWIFT ; where is your strenght test [TiCass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TiCass wrote:
Funny enough, when Dan Lloyd from GCN did the test, it shows precisely why it doesn't work. The test classified him as a sprinter. He's not. It's just that he currently sucks less at sprinting than climbing.

So it works?
Quote Reply
Re: ZWIFT ; where is your strenght test [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stop training. Start Drinking Beer. Do less than 1000 km a year. Yep, that's how you become a sprinter according to the SF Full Frontal test protocol.
Quote Reply
Re: ZWIFT ; where is your strenght test [TiCass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TiCass wrote:
Stop training. Start Drinking Beer. Do less than 1000 km a year. Yep, that's how you become a sprinter according to the SF Full Frontal test protocol.

Yeah, yeah. But it's clearly advertised as an assessment tool to tell you where you are *right now*. If Dan were to have raced when he took that test his best shot would have been to act like a sprinter. Sit it in as long as possible and try to come around at the end.

It's not advertised as a way to tell you your genetically pre-disposed phenotype (or whatever the correct term is).
Quote Reply
Re: ZWIFT ; where is your strenght test [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure but did your lactate test indicate what kind of training you've been doing or what you're good at?

I'm not a customer of Xert, I did their free trial and found it interesting. It may shed some insight on the OP's question.
Quote Reply
Re: ZWIFT ; where is your strenght test [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would I need their software to tell me what kind of training I've been doing? No, my lactate test didn't tell me that but my coach did. Just a little disappointing, definitely not worth paying for IMO
Quote Reply
Re: ZWIFT ; where is your strenght test [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You don't, I'm done trying to help the OP.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JODIRT wrote:
Hello all!

I was wondering if anybody wanted to know what is their natural skillset and tested it. Such as; sprinter, puncheur, climber, TT, etc.

GCN showed on one of there okd videos explaning testing yourself at max 5sec.1min, 5min et 20min. It can give you a great idea on the w/kg chart your naturel strenght sonyou can develop it and use it more.

I know zwift shows your power curve after a ride but i will try to do a key session on testing. Something like a 15min warm up. Followed by a 5sec test, 5min rest, 1 min test, 5min rest and cool down.

I get destroyed on zwift final sprints So i would like to know where am instanding, more a puncheur or climber or TT.

Antbody tried this and ended up beeing realistic?

Signup and opt-in on ZwiftPower and you can see some of these things. Here is my ZP profile so you can see an example. https://zwiftpower.com/profile.php?z=77064
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It has been already said: you use zwiftpower to have your data analysed and get classified.

I would add that you have to introduce some testing for max. 10sec, 1min, 5min, 20-30min power.

10sec: I wouldn't include a specific test for that, but I do usually introduce a interval set of 4-6 x 10sec sprint /recovery easy spin 50sec in my workouts, so I only have to change the rest time, every 3/4 weeks I do 4 sprints @120-130% FTP (as warm up) and a 5th sprint at max power.

1min / 6 min: I usually test both together, after a good warm up, a set of 3-4 1min ON @120% /2min off 50%, followed by a 1min ALL-OUT power test. Then 1min-2min unloaded pedalling, 5minutes easy, and the 5min ALL -OUT power test.

5min/20min: typical FTP test includes a 5min all out + 20min all-out test, this works for FTP testing, to know best 20min power, I would change the 5min all-out by 3-4x1min at 120% / 2min easy.

Only by doing these workouts each 3-4 weeks you would have fresh data to be analysed by Zwiftpower and you may know your strengths and weaks. Remember if you are weak in sprints it doesn't means nothing.. if you don't need to be good at sprints.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Not your question - but lots of time I suck at sprints at the end of races.

It’s not necessarily because I suck at sprinting (which I do), but because I’m tired at the end or out of position

One way to get better at “sprints” (besides having higher top end power) is the tactics. Work less than those around you earlier, power ups, or even getting a longer sprint in to surprise the group if that’s what you’re better at

I use ZP for these metrics. They don’t yell me if I’m a sprinter or not, but do tell me my sprint is in the X % of all zwift racers
Quote Reply
Re: ZWIFT ; where is your strenght test [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you don't have a good sized mid-range engine, you will never be able to recover during the ride from the surges. Leaving not much left for a finish.
Quote Reply