Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
TRIRIG CAN'T DELIVER!!! What are my other options?
Quote | Reply
I ordered an Alpha X back in December knowing that it wouldn't ship for "6-7 weeks." Just got an email today that said it'll be another 3 weeks! Needless to say, I'm furious! I have my first TT in 4 weeks. What are my other options, and don't say wait for the Alpha X...I don't want to give Tririg any of my money after this situation.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG CAN'T DELIVER!!! What are my other options? [dhoose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, have you called and explained your situation? Maybe there is something they can do like a used test bar until the new stuff is ready.

Seems their service is spot on from what I read.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly, I would wait...

Why are you furious? Do you think they specifically singled you out for the delayed delivery? Do you realize that they kind of have a JIT supply chain, and the cockpits are likely on a slow boat from China? They probably have no direct control over the manufacturing or shipping timelines.

There are other good products, but why not wait for the best product. You will quickly forget about this TT and will enjoy the cockpit for many years ahead.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG CAN'T DELIVER!!! What are my other options? [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did explain my situation, even asked if they had an Alpha 1 I could buy, but they have nothing! (They offered to throw in one of their bottle cages if I chose to wait) I asked for a refund, which they have already processed.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG CAN'T DELIVER!!! What are my other options? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too late...they already processed my refund. Why should I accept their business model? They took money from who knows how many people without a product available to ship?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Understood. That is unfortunate for sure.

Seems like they should have been able to do something for you. Too bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dhoose wrote:
Why should I accept their business model? They took money from who knows how many people without a product available to ship?
Ummmm, you don't have to... They do this to control costs and working capital. There are a few niche, specialty innovative product vendors like this with truly best-in-class products. This is one, and they are as transparent as they can be about timeframes.

This reminds me of a used car I bought many years ago with a rare combination of features. I did not like the sales manager, and I walked out. But, when I got home, I thought about it further and realized it was an excellent car I might not find again. So, I separated the car from the sales manager and bought the car. It brought many years of pleasure.

You would vent your anger on a second-tier product and be slower than your potential. Or not. You may be a better customer for traditional, high-volume retail channels.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG CAN'T DELIVER!!! What are my other options? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear you, but that ship has sailed. What about the 51-Speedshop bars?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The new vision metro TFA aerobar looks the business.

I can't seem to find on line retailers selling it, but here's an eBay deal for $900
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG CAN'T DELIVER!!! What are my other options? [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those look nice...thanks. What about Enve SES?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The other options often in the same conversation with the Alpha X are ENVE SES, Profile Design Aeria Ultimate, and Pro Missile EVO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are all those UCI legal (excluding the Alpha X which is not)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And yet people can not overcome their LBS not having “X” product and having to wait a week to get it. So they stop shopping there.

The product isn’t great, unless it can be delivered.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dhoose wrote:
They took money from who knows how many people without a product available to ship?
. But you knew this going in, right? They produce in batches as possible. Small boutique vendors are not to be dealt with in the same mindset.

I am blown away with the quality of the parts that, yes, I waited a bit for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Enve bar looks like a decent option. Not as integrated as the vision tfa bar and likely costs more. I’d go with the vision bar myself, but to each their own.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So there has been a delay and you have received a quick refund?

In such a small sport with boutique providers this sounds like a good news story.

I myself have had the best customer service from TriRig in the past.

Kent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think there was already a thread for you to post on about this.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: Feb 11, 19 19:55
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG CAN'T DELIVER!!! What are my other options? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
I think there was already a thread for you to post on about this.

this. 10000x
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG CAN'T DELIVER!!! What are my other options? [Kent_NewZealand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kent_NewZealand wrote:
So there has been a delay and you have received a quick refund?

In such a small sport with boutique providers this sounds like a good news story.

I myself have had the best customer service from TriRig in the past.

Kent

Same here... I have purchased an Alpha X, two Alpha Ones, and numerous extensions and brakes over the years. It is a bummer this didn't work out for the OP... but Tririg ships some the best parts out there and they are worth the wait. Customer service has been the best in the business for me...which is why I haven't hesitated to keep ordering more.

Quote | Reply
Have you looked through the classifieds? There's usually a few available.

Personally, I have to say that my first experience with Tririg a couple of years was dismal from the customer service perspective. However, they've massively improved since after a litany of complaints here on this forum. Having a bought quite a few pieces ever since from them - the experience has been great. They are actually very transparent and proactive nowadays.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too bad. I ordered an Alpha X for Black Friday and was quite blown away by the quality and versatility. A really, really impressive system.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might give these a shot.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG CAN'T DELIVER!!! What are my other options? [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beston wrote:
The new vision metro TFA aerobar looks the business.

I can't seem to find on line retailers selling it, but here's an eBay deal for $900

One of Europe's biggest e-tailers:

https://www.bike24.de/1.php?content=8;product=307216;menu=1000,4,133,31;pgc%5B20537%5D=20540

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
Honestly, I would wait...

Why are you furious? Do you think they specifically singled you out for the delayed delivery? Do you realize that they kind of have a JIT supply chain, and the cockpits are likely on a slow boat from China? They probably have no direct control over the manufacturing or shipping timelines.

There are other good products, but why not wait for the best product. You will quickly forget about this TT and will enjoy the cockpit for many years ahead.

I have to say as someone who (noted on the currently active Alpha 1 thread) is getting closer to making an order that this thread and the OP's frustration did impact me to some degree yesterday. I've been frustrated like the OP before on purchases so no dig at him. I remember trying to get a set of Flo wheels back when they started. It took many months to get a set based on how Flo first started out with opening up an order time and then as potential buyers we had to race to get to get the wheels selected with the decal options into the cart and hit purchase. If you were not fast enough, like me, you lost out and had to wait weeks for another opportunity. I kept with it until I finally got a set.

Thanks to all those who chimed in with reasonable advice. I do think I would rather wait to get what I really want. Still mulling it over. The other thought is just sticking with the stock aero bars that came on the IA16.
Quote Reply
Re: TRIRIG CAN'T DELIVER!!! What are my other options? [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt_Rider wrote:
Still mulling it over. The other thought is just sticking with the stock aero bars that came on the IA16.

The IA16's stock cockpit is excellent for the bike's price point. It is very fast in general and probably the fastest on a sub-$5K bike. But here's a nice side tidbit... My IA16 cockpit original weight was 1,636g, including the brake levers, shifters, and extensions. When I went to the Alpha X, the weight dropped to 1,212g. That was nearly a 1 lb. weight savings off the front of the bike. Oh yeah, and it is more aero too.
Felt_Rider wrote:
I remember trying to get a set of Flo wheels back when they started.
I timed my FLO order to the second a couple years ago when they were opening up a batch. I was terrified that I would miss the order. I had plans for them in a race. It was fantastic. I got the wheels, and through trading a few emails, I got early shipping to have them in time plenty early for the race.
Last edited by: exxxviii: Feb 12, 19 3:53
Quote Reply

Prev Next