Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What’s in your cooler when you are spectating all day?
Quote | Reply
If you are out cheering your kids or anyone all day what do pack for food/ drinks/ snacks.

(Just like the camping thread - my tendency to simplicity is not impressing my family.)
Quote Reply
Re: What’s in your cooler when you are spectating all day? [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Volleball tournaments usually had team tables, lots of things there. Track meets or VB when you bring your own food, lots of water, fruit, maybe some home made trail mix and a couple fiber one bars.

I am amazed by the high school parents who feel the need to sneak alcohol into school events. Weird to me.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Last edited by: DavHamm: Feb 10, 19 15:36
Quote Reply
Re: What’s in your cooler when you are spectating all day? [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumping! I have a 4h dog show this weekend and I need to up my cooler game.

Please help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Drinks, cut up veggies, cookies, muffins, chips, flavoured rice cakes (my kids love them), raisins, fruit, jerky, pepperoni, single serve cheese, crackers....

I have small kids, so snacks for every outing are a must. Pack stuff in individual sizes - then everyone gets their own and doesn't have to share - also handy if you don't go through it all - things can be put away for the next time you might need them.

Oh - my favourite is animal crackers. I love them, so I don't buy them often, but they are my "treat" when we go camping.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:

Please help.

Yes I see you do need help:
Owner? Show'er? Both? Spectator?

Owner: Sell the dog.
Show'er: All that running around, must stock gallons of gatorade.
Both: Keep the dog, skip the shows. The dog will still love you.
Spectator: Buy local, support the vendors.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s in your cooler when you are spectating all day? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Volleball tournaments usually had team tables, lots of things there. Track meets or VB when you bring your own food, lots of water, fruit, maybe some home made trail mix and a couple fiber one bars.

I am amazed by the high school parents who feel the need to sneak alcohol into school events. Weird to me.
No joke, pulled into local school last spring for an elementary graduation. Guy gets out of pickup truck, shakes out empties onto school lawn, throws into truck bed. Cracks and pours a live one into coffee mug.

This may surprise you.. not a rocket scientist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Usually a gram, then something to snack on......

Toddler events are super competitive and I need something to take the edge off
Quote Reply
Re: What’s in your cooler when you are spectating all day? [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Moonrocket wrote:

Please help.

What is your advice to mom of 9yo that is showing dog that still outweighs her? So spectating is somewhat active trying to keep both from melting down at any point? Perhaps show Sherpa is a better term.

Lots of work but so darn cute when they do rally.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
gofigure wrote:
Moonrocket wrote:

Please help.

What is your advice to mom of 9yo that is showing dog that still outweighs her? So spectating is somewhat active trying to keep both from melting down at any point? Perhaps show Sherpa is a better term.

Lots of work but so darn cute when they do rally.

Now that is a different story. Sugar and then more sugar for dog, daughter, and yourself. Don't come down off the high till the trip home. Thinking being a soccer mom might be a bit less challenging. Good luck.
Quote Reply