Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Why is Wallmart highjacking slowtwitch while i'm using my phone?
Quote | Reply
It's really annoying
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Wallmart highjacking slowtwitch while i'm using my phone? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is an ad exploit that hijacks an iOS Safari vulnerability. You see it a lot on CNN's and FoxNews' websites.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Wallmart highjacking slowtwitch while i'm using my phone? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm using chrome on an android phone. Does that matter?
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Wallmart highjacking slowtwitch while i'm using my phone? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, and that is a surprise. I had only really heard of this as an iOS attack. So, the bad guys must be getting better. It is probably spoofing Walmart.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Wallmart highjacking slowtwitch while i'm using my phone? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There have been a couple of threads about it. I've given up going to ST on my phone (android).
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Wallmart highjacking slowtwitch while i'm using my phone? [BlackStumpGumby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, since this started a few weeks back, Slowtwitch is pretty much a dead letter on my phone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also just got the same redirect hijacking ad on Android/Chrome this morning.
Quote Reply
Re: Why is Wallmart highjacking slowtwitch while i'm using my phone? [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just updated chrome, I'll see if it makes a difference
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
Yeah, and that is a surprise. I had only really heard of this as an iOS attack. So, the bad guys must be getting better. It is probably spoofing Walmart.

Definately not an iOS ONLY thing. Never was. I actually have less issues with Chrome/iOS than I do with Chrome/Android. I've exchanged a lot of email with rrheisler about it, because I seem to get them (or report them) more often than most.

Also, its not restricted to SlowTwitch. I've had a few episodes on other sites. Nor is it just "walmart" spoofing. I've got countless examples of other ads that don't spoof anything, but just try and take over. Lots of history rewriting exploits, etc. Some are much worse than others. I had one example on Saturday that flooded my history---there were so many new history entries that it took two screen captures to show them all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
It's really annoying

I’ve looked into it before because it happens on a couple new sites local to Denver. It’s normal a server that houses ads and that server gets hacked. Which is why it doesn’t always do it. That’s my understanding at least. I’m sure someone will explain it better.
Quote Reply