Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Feb. 11 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 11 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals this week: 1 long run, 1 speed workout, 2 outdoor runs
check, check, ran outside once

The good news is I am back to normal levels of work stress, rather than the excessive levels last week!

M: 5.1 mi run + 2025 yd swim
T: 6.2 mi run + 1.8 mi walk
W: 4.8 mi run
T: off
F: 9.5 mi run (4.6 @ tempo) + 775 yd swim
S: 13 mi run
S: 7.3 mi run (w some tempo) + 1175 yd swim

totals 3975 yd swim + 45.9 mi run

goals this week: 1 long run, 1 speed workout, 2 outdoor runs, swim 5x

soooo busy at work right now :-( not super stressful right now, but very busy.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ladies! Happy Monday, again.

Thanks for getting us started Dr. TC!

Last week's goal was to recover and smile. I did a lot of that. I also had a run test and an FTP test, and I absolutely crushed the run test. LT dropped by about 40 seconds from the last time. This is the first time in ages that I've been able to see measurable progress in my running. Yay! The FTP test...I got greedy and flamed out too quickly. I was too eager to get it done. Whoops.

This week's goal: BUILD BUILD BUILD

M- rest day (nailin' it!)
Tu- 3000yd swim, 7mi run, strength, and dermatologist appointment. Fingers crossed for a happy freckle report
W- 70mi ride and 30min run brick. No I did not leave out a letter for the ride. Whee.
Th- Track workout with the team, 50min Zwift session
F- 3400yd swim and strength, then volunteering at the museum all day!
Sa- 17mi run
Su- 100min Zwift with some crazypants intervals thrown in. I am also hosting our cycling club's volunteer appreciation dinner which should be fun!

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 11 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
LT dropped by about 40 seconds from the last time.

nice!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tigerchik and Cupcake--yer awesome! Great job!

I'm still just getting a footing in this world, and, well, last week's goals were wayyyyy too lofty. It wound up being a mostly recovery week for me, probably a good thing. So I don't feel bad saying that I lifted twice, did two longer swim workouts, biked for short periods twice, and did running drills three times.

This week, I'm going to explore a different approach to training. I've been getting workouts from Tridot, but they're massively too much for me. Usually an hour per day, much of it in higher heartrate zones. Ladies, I aspire to that level, but I am not there and I'm thinking about switching to a Matt Fitzgerald approach. I also want to do weight training at least twice per week, and I'm working on figuring out what kind of load and number of reps I can handle while making measurable progress with the swim/bike/run. I'm trying to figure out how to keep lifting but avoid DOMS.

All that said, my goals for this week are intentionally ambiguous, so that I can focus more on what my body is telling me. I am going to do running drills, not every day, but every other day. I am going to do easy bike rides and easy swims too, most probably around a half hour to an hour, going on how my body's feeling. I'll do a long, easy ride on Saturday too. I'm going to lift twice, with lower weights and more reps than usual. That's about it.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 11 Edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GiantNewb wrote:
so that I can focus more on what my body is telling me.

Good for you! This is a tough habit to get into but so important.

My goals were: 4 x swim, 3 x bike, 3 x run, strength x 2. All of them got done. But I was thinking how doing three sports, it's tough to have a good week in all of them at the same time. My swims have felt super sluggish lately but I was setting personal records two/three weeks ago. Now my running and cycling feels pretty good which they didn't last month. It's all swings and roundabouts!

This week: 3 x swim, 3 x bike, 3 x run and fingers crossed it's warm enough to XC ski when we head up to the mountains this weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 11 Edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that's a great goal for the week - figuring out the "sweet spot" to be sustainable is important.

As for me - biking is good, still haven't run. It's a mental hangup that I haven't quite worked through yet.

Husband's schedule is amenable to swimming this week - plan is Tues/Thurs morning dates with the pool. Hello Zero Dark Thirty. I'm tired just thinking about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik, good work getting after your goals. Glad to hear things are returning to the normal levels of stress and busy.

Dr_Cupcake, nice job on the LT! Flaming out on an FTP test just means you're looking for a limit.

Good job listening to your body, GiantNewb. You'll find a balance so don't rush or push yourself into something that doesn't feel right.

Scheherazade, that nonlinearity of progress really gets me goat -- I'm feeling the same way about my swimming right now and singing the Chlorine Blues.

I had a busy week of travel last week but snuck in my goals of 4 swims, 3 bikes, and 4 runs but I didn't ride my tri bike. I need to buck up and put it on the trainer but I'm traveling this week and most of next week so it'll have to wait another week.

My goals this week are 5 bikes, 2 swims, 4 runs, maybe a ski day and definitely a very solid rest day.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 11 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SoCalTricurious wrote:
Dr_Cupcake, nice job on the LT! Flaming out on an FTP test just means you're looking for a limit.

I love you and love this. That's my story and I'm sticking to it ;)

Nice job on the workouts last week with your travel! Hope you get to enjoy the heck out of your rest day.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Midtown Miles wrote:
This week will be light as we are traveling tomorrow for my husband's best friend's wedding... in Iowa... in February. Don't get me wrong, Iowa is a very lovely state, but couldn't they have planned this for June? (haha) A high of 11F is forecast for Friday, but I am bringing my running clothes just in case. Even though it will be cold I am very much looking forward to the quick getaway and seeing all our friends. There is a 100% chance of shenanigans.

I did end up doing two trainer rides and a run before we left Thursday morning. Our AirBnB was a MUCH nicer apartment building than expected and it had state-of-the-art treadmills and a Peloton room!!! I had only brought heavy outdoor running clothes so we trekked out to Target for the cheapest capris I could find (we needed other stuff too, lol) so I could run while my husband was doing groomsmen stuff. Sadly, I decided that trying to squeeze in two workouts among wedding activities would be too much and had to skip the ride. Considering I was out of town for four days, I'm very happy with my "cutback week" of two trainer rides and two treadmill runs, with some wedding reception dancing and 12-ounce curls thrown in there. Shenanigans were actually pretty limited; to my knowledge, no one got arrested and I saw only one person barf.

I'm off to an OK start this week. I took Monday off to recover (we got in super late Sunday night... roads were terrible driving in) and did a nice run in the brisk air and my PT. I skipped yesterday's workout to make a visit to a funeral home and support a friend. I am hoping to get in some more solid training over the rest of the week. The weather will likely not cooperate, sadly.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply