Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

small tri bikes with 700 wheels
Quote | Reply
Is there a tri bike in a size 48-50 that has 700 wheels?

"injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" MLK
Last edited by: Shakeandbake: Feb 7, 19 15:44
Quote Reply
Re: small tri bikes with 700 wheels [Shakeandbake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of them. Literally dozens.

It's easier to name the bikes with 650 wheels.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: small tri bikes with 700 wheels [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe I should have designated this to only 48cm bikes. I think 50 is where they start using 700

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well “48cm” doesn’t really mean anything. But there are lots.

Cervelo p2, cervelo p3, cervelo p5, felt ia, felt Iax, scott plasma4, Orbea Ordu (both), boardman att and tte, qroo pr series, etc

There are pretty much no 650 options left (I’ve got a single b14 left in a 650 option for some lucky rider).

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an xs argon e119 tri that has 700 wheels. The bike is amazing.
Quote Reply
Re: small tri bikes with 700 wheels [joesbr16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. Argon18 E-117 and E-119, and Liv Avow arr the smallest 700c bikes.

Louis :-)
Quote Reply
Re: small tri bikes with 700 wheels [louisn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you all for your responses

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shakeandbake wrote:
Maybe I should have designated this to only 48cm bikes. I think 50 is where they start using 700

This statement is unfortunately no longer correct. There are virtually NO bikes left manufactured with 650 wheels.

As I anticipate moving to mid foot position on my cleats, this presents an even greater toe overlap problem than I already have on my 45 cm Cervelo P3.

I plan on holding onto this ride until 650c options are available in the next year or two.

Good luck with that...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: small tri bikes with 700 wheels [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
Shakeandbake wrote:

This statement is unfortunately no longer correct. There are virtually NO bikes left manufactured with 650 wheels.

As I anticipate moving to mid foot position on my cleats, this presents an even greater toe overlap problem than I already have on my 45 cm Cervelo P3.

I plan on holding onto this ride until 650c options are available in the next year or two.

Good luck with that...

I have (and love) my 45cm P3 and have no plans to replace it, but if I did I'd look hard at the XS Premier Tactical. Dan Kennison (active on this forum) has gone out of his way to build a solid 650c bike, even importing 650c wheels (including a disc).
Quote Reply
Re: small tri bikes with 700 wheels [geetee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've held on to my 47 Felt DA because i'm worried if I wreck my 45 P2 I'll be without a bike to ride.

If I was to get a 700C bike i'd probably go with a 48cm P2 or Felt IA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
48 cm Cannondale Slice also runs on 700 cc. Not sure if I saw Ventum listed in a prior response, might be another option.

And since this is a thread about small bikes, I'd love to know what small travel case options people are using? I have a Pika Pac and a Ruster Hen House and my tri bike swims in both of them. I'm currently thinking of pulling down my boyfriends suitcase to see if the frame fits in that.

I see Airport Ninja as a small bag and like that it has backpack straps, though am not keen to spend another $500 on a bag. What are you folks using?

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, Ventum. My wife is 5’2”. She had a Felt DA with 650’s that she just didn’t love. Got a Cervélo P3 with 700’s and it was much better. After test riding a. A Ventum One XS in Kona a few years back the search was over. Perfect fit and truly an amazing bike!!!

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply